Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't accept that mate. It would basically mean that we are back to Kenwright levels of austerity. Sell to Buy!

I believe that the issue has been a lack of value for money. That large sums have been going towards dross that serve no purpose.

I think we can certainly make use of the saved money by putting it towards much better players. I also believe that we have the ability to increase our wage bill beyond that.
We have actually spent quite a bit since Moshiri (even more so when you factor in all the manager contract buyouts) but the problem is alot of them were gash signings so its money wasted and dug ourselves a whole. Sandro, Morgan, Tosun, Siggy, Naisse, etc

He's been there for 4 full seasons, finishing in the top 4 every time, winning the CL and reaching 2 other European finals, and blowing transfer records left right and centre. Calling it a slow build is pushing it to the extreme.

My point is that even with all those factors in his favour, it still has taken Klopp a few seasons to get where he wants to be. That was coming from a far higher base as well. Brands has had a huge turnaround job to do just to get us going in the right direction let alone progressing in that direction. Klopp finished 4th in his first full season and went out of both domestic cups. In other top 6 clubs managers could have been fired for that. It’s a lesson in continuously backing good managers and giving them time to build.

We have actually spent quite a bit since Moshiri (even more so when you factor in all the manager contract buyouts) but the problem is alot of them were gash signings so its money wasted and dug ourselves a whole. Sandro, Morgan, Tosun, Siggy, Naisse, etc

I agree with that mate. But 250k a week has just come off the wage bill this week (1 million pound a month). I think we will see that money reinvested in the squad, hopefully on much better quality.

I expect us to get rid of more dross in the coming weeks as well.

I agree with that mate. But 250k a week has just come off the wage bill this week (1 million pound a month). I think we will see that money reinvested in the squad, hopefully on much better quality.

I expect us to get rid of more dross in the coming weeks as well.
Yeah that's true, if only we could clear more but no one is going to take dross like sandro when hes getting about 120k a week I believe. That's starting 11 quality wages on a reserve

Yeah that's true, if only we could clear more but no one is going to take dross like sandro when hes getting about 120k a week I believe. That's starting 11 quality wages on a reserve

Sandro will leave this summer, it’s just a question of whether we will have to subsidise his wages for a further season like we have done for all his other loans thus far.

So he may continue to cost us some money for a further season, but we will also save some money at the same time, and he won’t ever return to Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.