Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What goalkeeper could we sign for between £10m to £15m? I know pickford has made some mistakes this year, but I can't see us selling him at all, what we need is a very good number 2 to push him, improve him and improve our options, but it's not easy to get that type of player, you are generally looking at players over 35
The guy Rajkovic that I posted but there are others. People need to realize that Pickford has been so bad that another season like this and he will be a Sigurdsson level albatross.

We’re not selling Pickford at all in this window. We’re not even considering selling Pickford in this window. The goalkeeper isn’t even close to the top of our “problems” list. That’s not me saying he’s good before I get slated it’s me just being realistic.

No one has said hes for sale.

Several posters have posted the Chelsea link. He was also linked to them heavily before they signed Kepa so it may be a case of no smoke without fire.

Due to that i enquired who would be peoples choice of replacement if he was sold and how much would our asking price be.

Youre welcome to take part.

Pickford:
- English
- Englands No.1 (at least for now)
- Young
- Under contract
- Experienced PL keeper

All this means a huge premium selling to another PL club.

We would have room to replace him and still fill another position with someone decent.

A big YES in selling him. Play hardball with Chelsea, he probably would want to go.

It's all so quiet.... Nothing in the old rumour mill that's new and might have legs. Just same old rubbish stories that have been circling for months. Hopefully there's a lot going on behind the scenes....

What goalkeeper could we sign for between £10m to £15m? I know pickford has made some mistakes this year, but I can't see us selling him at all, what we need is a very good number 2 to push him, improve him and improve our options, but it's not easy to get that type of player, you are generally looking at players over 35
This, players need pressure from the bench is a load of rubbish, does he really think it doesn’t matter if I play bad today, because I will stay in next week. If that’s his attitude we should bin him ASAP.

He knows he keeps performing badly. He will be sold by Everton and only go backwards. And lose his England place. He should be giving his all every week no Matter who the number 2 is on the bench.

Pickford:
- English
- Englands No.1 (at least for now)
- Young
- Under contract
- Experienced PL keeper

All this means a huge premium selling to another PL club.

We would have room to replace him and still fill another position with someone decent.

A big YES in selling him. Play hardball with Chelsea, he probably would want to go.

Hard to negotiate with them though, and I think part of why he's come onto the market is because they know he's dropped in price a bit. We don't know what the market will do, but I'd be delighted with £40m.

The guy Rajkovic that I posted but there are others. People need to realize that Pickford has been so bad that another season like this and he will be a Sigurdsson level albatross.

Whenever Premier League teams come in for a player, their valuation goes up. Even if this player is valued at £10m now, his current club would want £20m if we were in for him. it would be a massive risk to sell pickford and buy this guy and put him in as our number 1, he has had 1 season in the French league, he may have had a good season, but he has spent the rest of his time in low quality European leagues

This, players need pressure from the bench is a load of rubbish, does he really think it doesn’t matter if I play bad today, because I will stay in next week. If that’s his attitude we should bin him ASAP.

He knows he keeps performing badly. He will be sold by Everton and only go backwards. And lose his England place. He should be giving his all every week no Matter who the number 2 is on the bench.

I have heard ex professionals talk about this and it actually does make all the difference. Players in successful teams have all spoken about how they knew they had to perform, because if they didn't there was someone else waiting to take their place. But also players learn from each other in training, having better goalkeeping options, surely can't be a bad thing?

Whenever Premier League teams come in for a player, their valuation goes up. Even if this player is valued at £10m now, his current club would want £20m if we were in for him. it would be a massive risk to sell pickford and buy this guy and put him in as our number 1, he has had 1 season in the French league, he may have had a good season, but he has spent the rest of his time in low quality European leagues
It is also a risk to not sell Pickford should a half decent offer come. There might not be another

Hard to negotiate with them though, and I think part of why he's come onto the market is because they know he's dropped in price a bit. We don't know what the market will do, but I'd be delighted with £40m.

Easy to forget that hes still young for a keeper at 26 and has been playing in some shocking defensive displays...

Still could improve...and behind this deep defence looks decent.

Id agree with @ForeverBlue92 for me the fact Donnarumma only has a season left on his contract and we have ancelotti here...

...hard not to want him

Status
Not open for further replies.