Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't accept that mate. It would basically mean that we are back to Kenwright levels of austerity. Sell to Buy!

I believe that the issue has been a lack of value for money. That large sums have been going towards dross that serve no purpose.

I think we can certainly make use of the saved money by putting it towards much better players. I also believe that we have the ability to increase our wage bill beyond that.

Just my read of it mate, the wage bill needs to come down, 160 mill in wages and 188 mill in income, in our last set of accounts. Its 85% of our turnover. I like you wish it was different, yet im just analyzing the headline figures. Ganted they are our last set of accounts and based on the 18/19 season.

If im Everton and the DOF and manager comes to me and says, we need to add more in wages in central midfield and right wing and i see we are paying just short of 400K weekly on central midfielders and well over 5/600k on wingers (Sandro, Bolaise, Walcott, Gylfi, Bernard, Iwobi at a minimum), you wouldn't be doing your job if you didnt question the logic of spending more and taking on more bodies and adding to the wage bill and adding to the excess.

Actually when you look it at it that way, you would be quite mad to keep piling on, without outs.

Just my read of it mate, the wage bill needs to come down, 160 mill in wages and 188 mill in income, in our last set of accounts. Its 85% of our turnover. I like you wish it was different, yet im just analyzing the headline figures. Ganted they are our last set of accounts and based on the 18/19 season.

If im Everton and the DOF and manager comes to me and says, we need to add more in wages an dmidfild in central midifld and right wing and i see we are paying just short of 400K weekly on central midfielders and well over 5/600k on wingers (Sandro, Bolaise, Walcott, Gylfi, Bernard, Iwobi at a minimum), you wouldn't be doing your job if you didnt question the logic of spending more and taking on more bodies and adding to the wage bill.

Actually when you look it at it that way, you would be quite mad to keep piling on, without outs.
Thank you for restarting your list in your signature :)

I don't think CA will want to sell him but it would give a lot of freedom in the transfer market.
However, I think CA is in the business of trying to build a team by keeping his best players, not selling them.

....much will depend on whether Ancelotti/Brands believe Pickford is one of his ‘best players’ or whether he can bring in better for less.

Definitely wouldn’t buy Lozano for the money Napoli paid. Maybe a loan.

Wouldn’t have stones back, still can’t defend. And remember all the media saying good he would become under pep. Who’s picking midfielders and kids before him theses days.

And I would sell Pickford tomorrow if we got a good offer
....Chelsea linked with Pickford, I wonder if Brands thinks he’s expendable.
£70 Million and they can have him.
Virginia is a good keeper who had a couple of bad games. Given Lossl returns I think we will only bring in 1 goalkeeper if he goes.
£20m-£30m to replace Pickford and some old fella on a free, easy.
That leave less then 35 mil if we where to sell Pickford for 70 and buy someone for 30 once you account for wages and agent fees and signing on bonus for the keeper on a free.
Unless we use JV as number 1 and get a back up
Well I never thought at loking at that rag. Cheers.
Wait. We don't pay Pickford any wages now?
Chelsea wasted so much for kepa, pickfords performances here for the last couple of years hardly send calm that it wouldn't be another waste of money for them. Because they paid so much for kepa means i can't see them wanting to pay masses on pickford, but we should be demanding at least £15 more than what they paid for kepa.
I don't think CA will want to sell him but it would give a lot of freedom in the transfer market.
However, I think CA is in the business of trying to build a team by keeping his best players, not selling them.

@Grinch also put the link up...

Only turned 26 in March and Englands 1st choice keeper.

Pogba's the record incoming british transfer record at £89.3mil

Kepa the world record for a keeper at £71.5mil

Our record is Lukaku at £74mil.

How much would we ask and who would be your choice to replace him with?

@Grinch also put the link up...

Only turned 26 in March and Englands 1st choice keeper.

Pogba's the record incoming british transfer record at £89.3mil

Kepa the world record for a keeper at £71.5mil

Our record is Lukaku at £74mil.

How much would we ask and who would be your choice to replace him with?
Rajkovic.

Also I'd sell him for 20m+. He's been bad. We should move him before everyone finds out.

Status
Not open for further replies.