2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing looking at the league since he took over.
Includes us away to City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd (I know they aren't all at their strongest) and home to the RS.
He's not even had a chance to bring in his own players yet. Fingers crossed he gets a bit to spend.

Other than Chelsea we’ve not been blown Away. It’s early days not even his team and look how he is changing us. I cannot wait till next season

Ancelotti sides tend to be built on the foundation of two high class centre mids (ok this a bit balls when these clubs have been a brilliant AC Milan, Chelsea, Bayern and Real Madrid). A deep CRUSHER like Kroos or Gattuso, and a genius playmaker like Modric.

Currently he is asking for the tempo to be set by a woefully short on confidence Gomes and a gruesome selection of Gylfi, Davies, or Delph. It's inevitable he will look to bring someone in here. Ironically I reckon he would have loved Gana.

Gblammo will solve all our woes.

Massive job on his hands. Win was a win yesterday at norwich but i was disapointed in the performance tbh. Southampton dispatched them with ease a few days earlier from open play. We nicked it with a set piece goal. Genuinely sitting there thinking Everton will do an everton here and let in a 90th min goal.
Not rocket science. We need more pace and more quality. We're going to do nothing and be nothing but mid table fodder with the likes of davies iwobi and bernard as our midfield like yest.
Got rid of schnederlin other day. For me thats first of at least 7 or 8 that should follow him.
Good luck carlo. You'll need it.
You have to add the heat, played our biggest rival 3 days earlier and spent most of the game defending. We won a game we would normally lose. Wasn’t long ago we hadn’t won an away game for a year or something stupid

You have to add the heat, played our biggest rival 3 days earlier and spent most of the game defending. We won a game we would normally lose. Wasn’t long ago we hadn’t won an away game for a year or something stupid

I know. Thats the problem. We dont win away enough because we're not good enough to.
Post was more a long term thing.

At 1-0 up I didn’t think we were going to throw it away. How many times down the years have we looked like winning an away game then succumbed to the inevitable draw in the last few minutes. I even remember us going to Norwich and Jelavic scores twice and we battered them yet conceded from their only two chances and had to settle for a draw. Ancelotti seems to know how to get the team to defend leads well (Newcastle at home aside) and has a structure that allows us to win away from home something no Everton manager since Martinez’s first season has managed.

At 1-0 up I didn’t think we were going to throw it away. How many times down the years have we looked like winning an away game then succumbed to the inevitable draw in the last few minutes. I even remember us going to Norwich and Jelavic scores twice and we battered them yet conceded from their only two chances and had to settle for a draw. Ancelotti seems to know how to get the team to defend leads well (Newcastle at home aside) and has a structure that allows us to win away from home something no Everton manager since Martinez’s first season has managed.
It's been a long time since I've seen us 1 goal up and been confident of holding on to get the 3 points, last night I was. It's a nice feeling. As is conceding a corner and not feeling that the opposition have a reasonable chance of scoring. Carlo seems to have sorted out the defense which puts minds at ease.

It's been a long time since I've seen us 1 goal up and been confident of holding on to get the 3 points, last night I was. It's a nice feeling. As is conceding a corner and not feeling that the opposition have a reasonable chance of scoring. Carlo seems to have sorted out the defense which puts minds at ease.

imagine you’re Mason Holgate and you’ve had years of Martinez and Silva telling you stuff about zonal marking making you look like a fool Eve try week then Ancelotti comes in and just lays down the art of defending and turns you into one of the best centrebacks in the league in a few months.

could see in his face yesterday how frustrated he was with some of the dross we currently have

hope we get some decent players in asap

There was a moment after Davies lost the ball they cut to Ancelotti sitting and he just had a blank expression on his face.

That Newcastle game is really odd isnt it? Almost am aberration of the 13 games Ancelotti has played.

On the whole we look very calm when ahead, and even in the derby we looked very calm under pressure. I dont think the performance level is miles better, but that knowledge of getting over the line is almost unrecognisable now. Under Silva, after that 1st half, with a fatigued squad we lose that game. Its Fulham away last year all over.

In fairness the penny appears to be dropping with a lot of the players. I think Pickford has actually been very good the last 2 games. Not just the saves made, but how hes held himself and how hes commanded his box. Likewise Sigurdsson has done well from the bench. Nothing flash, but just doing what needs to be done to avoid conceding.

I think that one who stands out not to have done that is Davies really. He still seems to make the same mistakes. Sigurdsson is very limited, but him coming on changed the game yesterday. That says more about Davies than Sigurdsson. He needs to get with the programme.

We obviously have a lot of players out, and it's a crying shame Gbamin got injured as we miss that presence, but it's hard not to be impressed with the shape/application, even though the quality is still missing. There was a spell yesterday where we just kept the ball for 3 minutes. Just completely wound the clock down. It was good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.