Match Thread Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Same thing happened in the Bundesliga early returns, though sample size was small. It's actually a weird result, because in principle the home team still has variances in pitch size and preparation on its side.

What we should expect to observe is near parity, slightly shaded in the home team's favor. It could well be that the home setting becoming jarringly unfamiliar without the crowd is a major psychological liability. It could also just be fixture distribution.

It's a small gripe but since Klopp arrived we've had two Anfield cup games and now this farce of a match tomorrow. They've avoided one of their most difficult fixtures of the season a few times now.

Honestly though, if we win great, if we lose so be it. It won't be a euphoric victory and it won't be a despairing defeat.

I’ve a 4am kick off followed by a full Monday’s work. Please Everton, just please make this a good start to the week.....
I expect us to get beat. However, I’d just take a good performance, some fight and a couple of good cameos/performances from maybe kean and Gordon. Be good to see Digne have a good game too. He’s going to be up against it with Salah. I worry about him defensively.

I genuinely wouldn't bother waking up for it. For us it's a kick around behind closed doors. Give yourself a decent start to the week and get some sleep.

Ive had beer so going uber positive here. Hear me out. The last two seasons, they have started ropey, but scraped wins out of crap performances. The league has had a break longer than a normal close season, so they are going to be rusty and even possibly nervous because of how close they are to the asterisk.

Everton 0 - RS 2 (Mike dean to score both)

I'll be hosting my father-in-law on father's day for a backyard cookout with full social distancing protocols in effect so I'll be recording the match to view later. Normally the thought of missing it in real time would be driving me to distraction but thus far Project Restart™ has left me feeling a bit disengaged. I'll still be wearing my lucky match day royal blue underpants though.

Prediction:

Everton 2 - 1 Liverpool

Evertonians will be so distracted and disheartened by the artificiality of (and their absence from) the proceedings that they won't much care, and the fact that they don't much care will drive bad kopites up the wall. Could be okay.

Hopefully we pull off a shock win...

VVD to be red carded today and us up to 10th with Arsenal and 2pts off spurs in 8th.

A draw would be useless for us...we have to roll the dice.

matchday.jpg
A derby that feels as realistic as this to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.