Match Thread Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to get enthusiastic about the game but at least we're at home, they cant't win the league tomorrow and Ancelotti and the players may get up for it, as it's been a long lay off and I'm sure we'll be very enthusiastic. A draw would be fair enough but maybe we'll catch them on the hop - 2-1 to us.

Our time to change that was January mate.

Playing their youth team in a game they wanted to lose.

And yet no one could have seen just how bad we were gonna be second half. I’m just fed up of people acting defeated before we play them, it has to stop

And yet no one could have seen just how bad we were gonna be second half. I’m just fed up of people acting defeated before we play them, it has to stop
It's been 10 years ........that's at minimum 20 games

In that time we have gifted captain door knob a Derby hat trick, lost to both their kids and reserves in the same season, drew when they literally sacked their manager afterwards , got hammered on several occasions and this is all off the top of my head.

It's embarrassing , more so after the cup game. Sometimes just admit it is what it is and be surprised that we beat them one day in the future

It'll stop when they stop bricking it against Liverpool every match, You expect me to get up after 20 haymakers?!

...I’m not really having that. Players unavailable is exactly why I say it’s a test of his tactical and organisational ability. We can still make things difficult and be hard to beat.

its a good test for Ancelotti, he doesn’t get a free ride, he should be judged by how we do.
Of course no manager does, it just makes it harder against the champions elect.

pre-match teamtalk for sunday

"empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water, now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle,
True but he is hampered by who he has available. We would need everyone fit to play 100% and for Liverpool to be slightly off it to win. I'd take a draw now but without the crowd the best team will usually win....
All managers can be hampered by who they have available. That's why we need a decent squad. And thanks to Brands and Walsh before him. And our previous rubbish managers we don't have a squad worth talking about.
Let's hope that Carlo is brave enough to give a few youngsters a run out. Anthony and Beni. And not revert to the dross.
Sniederlin is reportedly gone. So here's hoping he is not in tomorrow's team. It's possible with Everton.....
And here's hoping Niasse is not selected.

And yes we have injuries......But I sort of blame Brands for bringing on board injury prone players in the first place. Did he not check out some of these guys.

I'm with Carlo. he needs to be given a fair chance. But he needs to start now. Let's see what he can do. No matter who he has available. Let's see him set up this Everton team to compete. Not to capitulate.(like the last match).
Let's stand up and be counted tomorrow. Everyone be on their A game.
Let's rock and roll. No excuses. Remember the alamo.
Ok folks......I'm off. Goodnight.

It's been 10 years ........that's at minimum 20 games

In that time we have gifted captain door knob a Derby hat trick, lost to both their kids and reserves in the same season, drew when they literally sacked their manager afterwards , got hammered on several occasions and this is all off the top of my head.

It's embarrassing , more so after the cup game. Sometimes just admit it is what it is and be surprised that we beat them one day in the future
The players usually act defeated or capitulate in this match so what do people expect from us?

Status
Not open for further replies.