2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats possibly a factor too, but I do maintain a younger players body will get up to pace quicker than an older player. And it has been a big lay off, I know they've done some individual work, but in honest it will be 2 months where they did very little intense work at all, which will be quite unique for most players. I think you will see some wide volatility in results.
'Old' players might struggle. 32+ or veterans with a lot of miles in the legs. There's no reason I can think of why a 19 year old would get up to speed faster than a 29 year old though, when they're both professional athletes. The teenager shouldn't have reached peak physical condition yet while someone in their mid to late 20s is pretty much in their physical prime.

'Old' players might struggle. 32+ or veterans with a lot of miles in the legs. There's no reason I can think of why a 19 year old would get up to speed faster than a 29 year old though, when they're both professional athletes. The teenager shouldn't have reached peak physical condition yet while someone in their mid to late 20s is pretty much in their physical prime.

Well there's a scale isn't there? I mean you lose physical ability from about 12. I think there will be an impact.

The write-up in the Times is interesting. Restarting the season when the stakes seem pretty low is a good opportunity to blood the likes of Gordon. The danger is that you blood too many at once and the whole thing is undermined. You want young players to play alongside regulars to get them used to proper first team football.

Very true, its always better bringing through 1 player who is going to excellto the top than a group of 5/6 players who may all end up abit meh!
I think thats were we went wrong with the Davies/Dowell/Kenny crop. As a team alot of 6 out of 10s, but no one who stands out, so they spent there time at youth level developing as a team. Wheras you go back as far as rooneys youth team that made the FA Youth Cup final, that team was built to get the best out of him.
If we only see Gordon (maybe Gibson also) progress for the next 2 years, to a very good level, its been a success

The first goal for these last 9 games should be to figure out how big of a part of the squad he can be next year. If we find out he is ready to be a regular contributor than it might change transfer plans a good deal. We have to know the answer.

The first goal for these last 9 games should be to figure out how big of a part of the squad he can be next year. If we find out he is ready to be a regular contributor than it might change transfer plans a good deal. We have to know the answer.

We. LOL.

I was just imaging thousands of people demanding to know if Anthony Gordon is good enough with one eye on their wallets in case they have to spend.

No offence just made me laugh.
I just hate when people get all bent about fans saying "we" when talking about the team they support. Fans go away the teams do too, so screw it fans can say "we" if they like because they're certainly a crucial part of the operation.

I just hate when people get all bent about fans saying "we" when talking about the team they support. Fans go away the teams do too, so screw it fans can say "we" if they like because they're certainly a crucial part of the operation.

Nah it just came across like..

WE DEMAND TO KNOW IF HE'S GOOD ENOUGH!!!

o581r.jpg

...the manager should pick his best team, it’s up to youngsters to force their way in by impressing in training. Points are so important, it’s a bit daft picking youngsters if the manager doesn’t think they are good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.