Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he wastes good chances and is awful when 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Until he becomes more clinical and scores regulary over a longer period of time it only makes sense to reserve judgement based on his overall awful performances up top in the 3 years he's been at the club.

People over hype our players way too much especially if they are young - you would have thought Lookman was Ronaldo and Davies a young Scholes if you listened to some on here.

Then there is Cafu Kenny.

From someone who laughs at those who massively rate Bernard despite his average output its funny how you cant see the hypocrisy.
Can you point me in the direction of those people especially regarding Davies?

I like Lookman but I don't know that I've ever called him Ronaldo nor does that comparison make any sense.

What I see is people like yourself being hyper critical of our young players regardless of what they do.

Hate it whenever the John Stones shouts come out. He was garbage in the final season under Martinez, had the concentration levels of a fly. Has not improved one iota under the best coach in the world but so many hipsters love him because he passes it 10 yards. Get a grip we need defenders who dominate our third of the pitch like Van Djik and Laporte do.
The only time he's ever looked good since leaving us was the World Cup where they put Maguire and Walker in to mask his flaws.

Can you point me in the direction of those people especially regarding Davies?

I like Lookman but I don't know that I've ever called him Ronaldo nor does that comparison make any sense.

What I see is people like yourself being hyper critical of our young players regardless of what they do.

Because I believe in NSNO and get tired of our fans accepting mediocrity - that lot have Origi for example who whilst limited as a player scored the winner in the derby and in the CL semi and final - if that was us we would have fans demanding him in the starting 11, the Echo and Michael Ball calling for him to have a place for life in the team and Kenwright giving him a 10 year contract calling him a legend.

But what are LFC doing? They still use him as a squad player at best and are sniffing around likely upgrades like Werner - no room for sentiment.

Thats a club who constantly wants to improve and progress - whereas we are masters of "we go with what we've got".

And we wonder why we havent won a carrot in 25 years.

Because I believe in NSNO and get tired of our fans accepting mediocrity - that lot have Origi for example who whilst limited as a player scored the winner in the derby and in the CL semi and final - if that was us we would have fans demanding him in the starting 11, the Echo and Michael Ball calling for him to have a place for life in the team and Kenwright giving him a 10 year contract calling him a legend.

But what are LFC doing? They still use him as a squad player at best and are sniffing around likely upgrades like Werner - no room for sentiment.

Thats a club who constantly wants to improve and progress - whereas we are masters of "we go with what we've got".

The RS also have a functioning midfield and backline already. Not to mention a keeper who makes saves. If they had a front three of Salah, Mane and Origi (just forget Firmino) and were trotting out Gomes, Davies, Delph, Digne, Coleman, Holgate, Mina and Pickford behind it, where do you think the money is going?

Add in our limited resources (comparatively) and the fact that we can't attract someone like Werner and it's a useless thing to think about. We can compare ourselves to the RS because they're really good, but we can't expect to operate like them and succeed.

Origi is utter garbo.

Origi is utter garbo.

He is which is why they refuse to play him often regardless of him having scored some massive goals for them in big games.

Whereas you just know if he scored the winner in a derby for us and a cup final winning goal he would have a job for life at the club.

Thats the problem with EFC and has been for as long as I can remember.

The RS also have a functioning midfield and backline already. Not to mention a keeper who makes saves. If they had a front three of Salah, Mane and Origi (just forget Firmino) and were trotting out Gomes, Davies, Delph, Digne, Coleman, Holgate, Mina and Pickford behind it, where do you think the money is going?

Add in our limited resources (comparatively) and the fact that we can't attract someone like Werner and it's a useless thing to think about. We can compare ourselves to the RS because they're really good, but we can't expect to operate like them and succeed.

We have world class Carlo Ancelotti as manager and one of the worlds richest men pumping money into the club.

We should have high expectations of the club - yet some of our fans would still be happy come next season with Coleman at RB, Davies in the squad, Bernard out wide and DCL up top - thats the problem there is little expectation to improve.

We have world class Carlo Ancelotti as manager and one of the worlds richest men pumping money into the club.

We should have high expectations of the club - yet some of our fans would still be happy come next season with Coleman at RB, Davies in the squad, Bernard out wide and DCL up top - thats the problem there is little expectation to improve.
Am I happy to have one of the best young strikers in the league still be a part of the team next year when he's still improving and we're multiple years away from competing so we need young players who will be here longer term? Yes I am. Sorry about me.

Strange post.

I was very harsh on DCL but he’s definitely earned the right to claim the striker spot going forward. I’d be happy to see competition arise but his record this year speaks for itself.

Coleman as a backup would be and Bernie should be around fighting for his place as well.

Strange post.

I was very harsh on DCL but he’s definitely earned the right to claim the striker spot going forward. I’d be happy to see competition arise but his record this year speaks for itself.

Coleman as a backup would be and Bernie should be around fighting for his place as well.

No it isnt strange - we are 12th for a reason and this group of players are not good enough to jump from 12th to top 6 when you watch us get whooped by the worst Arsenal and Chelsea teams in living memory with rookies as managers.

Not one of those players is good enough to be in the starting 11 for a top 6 side - and if thats the benchmark of our ambition we need better in the windows to come.

....it’s taken the Reds quite a while to get into this position. It’s much easier to then build from a position of strength, but be under no illusion it’s been a long journey for them.

No it isnt strange - we are 12th for a reason and this group of players are not good enough to jump from 12th to top 6 when you watch us get whooped by the worst Arsenal and Chelsea teams in living memory with rookies as managers.

Not one of those players is good enough to be in the starting 11 for a top 6 side - and if thats the benchmark of our ambition we need better in the windows to come.

we’re 12th because we had a conference manager who couldn’t manage his way out of a phonebox

Ancelotti has been here less than 3 months before the season got cancelled, he hasn’t even got started

we’re 12th because we had a conference manager who couldn’t manage his way out of a phonebox

Ancelotti has been here less than 3 months before the season got cancelled, he hasn’t even got started
Also because of the bad players. So like not Richarlison and DCL who are friend wants to blame here.

....it’s taken the Reds quite a while to get into this position. It’s much easier to then build from a position of strength, but be under no illusion it’s been a long journey for them.

The difference Eggs is the expectations from the top to bottom of the respective clubs.

We talk about a mentality problem at the club but that bad/losers mentality festers from somewhere.

But why was that conference manager even given a 2nd season let alone the job in the 1st place?

I was hounded on here for calling for his head at the end of last season because we had apparently "turned a corner" and it was a "transitional season".

Its why im calling for everyone to stop raving about DCL based on 3 good months and keep an open mind at present - Silva had a good 3 months which kept him his job and he reverted to type the following season.

Status
Not open for further replies.