Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like everyone is just a bit on the stressed side......probably COVID related. Take a peruse through the Fit Birds thread, have a beer and come back in a while.

I promise, this thread will still be here with folks speculating on people who the club will likely never sign (not knocking anyone - i come here often too, the hope is what draws us in)

lad I’ve travelled up and down this country not seeing an away win for 18 months, felt like a win just scoring an away goal

Kinell you’ve had it ok compared to what the majority of my mates had to sit through week in week out.

you’re entitled to nothing

Lad ive travelled up and down for years not seeing a trophy win, a derby win or an away win either.

All im saying is the arl fella's dont "get" the frustration many younger fans have when they are constantly told to pipe down and have patience whilst simultaneously being told stories of watching great EFC sides, travelling to Wembley watching us lift trophies and league titles, smashing the RS etc. Whilst we watch the same garbage year on year.

Easy to say you deserve nothing when you've had your share of the good times whilst my best memory as an Evertonian is seeing us lose 2-1 in a cup final.

Lad ive travelled up and down for years not seeing a trophy win, a derby win or an away win either.

All im saying is the arl fella's dont "get" the frustration many younger fans have when they are constantly told to pipe down and have patience whilst simultaneously being told stories of watching great EFC sides, travelling to Wembley watching us lift trophies and league titles, smashing the RS etc. Whilst we watch the same garbage year on year.

Easy to say you deserve nothing when you've had your share of the good times when my best memory as an Evertonian is seeing us lose 2-1 in a cup final.

Surely your best memory is beating United in the Semi?

Easy to say you deserve nothing when you've had your share of the good times when my best memory as an Evertonian is seeing us lose 2-1 in a cup final.

arl fella?? Haha lad I’m 40

but you’re right, pipe down

No it isnt strange - we are 12th for a reason and this group of players are not good enough to jump from 12th to top 6 when you watch us get whooped by the worst Arsenal and Chelsea teams in living memory with rookies as managers.

Not one of those players is good enough to be in the starting 11 for a top 6 side - and if thats the benchmark of our ambition we need better in the windows to come.
You could point to 1000 reasons why we were 12th, but Silva takes the cake for that one. Let’s focus on the actual problem areas like our central midfield and starting right side before we start talking about how Bernard and Coleman aren’t worthy of a squad place and that Dom who actually produced needs to be replaced.

arl fella?? Haha lad I’m 40

but you’re right, pipe down

So old enough to have seen the cup win in 95?

Well you've had your moment so you cant slate younger fans for wanting their "moment" aswell.

Just 1 league cup win to be able to celebrate with my little lad and see his smile in his efc kit and I'll die a happy man - that and maybe a derby win!

So old enough to have seen the cup win in 95?

Well you've had your moment so you cant slate younger fans for wanting their "moment" aswell.

Just 1 league cup win to be able to celebrate with my little lad and see his smile in his efc kit and I'll die a happy man - that and maybe a derby win!

and 84, plus 2 league championships and the cup winners cup final

unfortunately my memory of the actual ECWC final is sketchy, I remember as clear as day my trips to Wembley in 84, 86 and 89 plus being the park end when we lifted the league in 87

great days

and 84, plus 2 league championships and the cup winners cup final

unfortunately my memory of the actual ECWC final is sketchy, I remember as clear as day my trips to Wembley in 84, 86 and 89 plus being the park end when we lifted the league in 87

great days

Exactly great days lad.

And I'll be damned if im told to stop dreaming of being at Wembley with my lad to see the Blues lift our first.

And you seem to think us old uns dont want the same?

You think we enjoy watching us get beat every week, for the last 30 years.

I dont think that mate - I just think when you've seen your share of trophies and derby wins its easier to tell those who haven't to have patience and stop moaning.

Our fanbase as a whole deserves more but all things considered our younger fans who haven't seen a trophy win or even a derby result really do deserve better.

My arl fella basically says if we never win a trophy again he'll always have memories of the 70's and 80's, Sharps goal against the Kopites etc. thats something completely alien to me.

I was school age when they won the CL in 05 - I thought I had it bad but feel even worse for my lad with them on a different level at present winning the CL and now the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.