Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see both Gabriel and the Barca lad happening.

I've posted this a couple of times recentley but I think we'll have a lot of interest in Keane from clubs you wouldn't expect as well.

I can see us taking advantage of that and moving him on, replacing him with 2 seemingly much quicker, younger lads.

Last edited:

The form of Mina and Holgate really hasn't been good enough to suggest that signing two CBs is out of line. I'd probably spread the resources around but you have to make the deals that are there.
MAYBE WE ARE GOING TO SPEND BIG
I am sure Ancelotti was given promises on spending
No point in getting a world renowned manager and not backing him
i am not sure how we will comply with FPP but maybe it will be eased due to the financial crisis

Could these links not mean Holgate pushed forward a little bit? He put in some stand out performances from CM those few games he played there.

I could see him in the Eric Dier role of just shielding the back, allowing the other 1-2 midfielders to push on.

That said, I don't think we'll buy two CB's this summer with other pressing concerns within the squad.

MAYBE WE ARE GOING TO SPEND BIG
I am sure Ancelotti was given promises on spending
No point in getting a world renowned manager and not backing him
i am not sure how we will comply with FPP but maybe it will be eased due to the financial crisis

I think we're going to spend really big.

IMO and it is only a feeling I have, I know nothing else, I think FFP has held us back and it will now be put to one side for a bit.

Us more than most will really take advantage of a market where fees will be reduced massively anyway.

I've allowed my head to wander, but wouldn't Gabriel, Tobido, James, Allan be a transfer window!!

Ship out Keane then have four great CB options (Holgate, Gabriel, Tobido, Mina, Gibson, Coleman, Kenny, Digne, Baines)

Ship out Gylfi, Walcott, Schneiderlin and Davies (Allan, James, Gomes, Gbamin, Bernard, Iwobi, Delph, Gordon key mids. Holgate and Tobido also DM cover)

Add one more striker to assist Richie, DCL, Kean (ship out Niasse, Tosun)

Possibly need some more support at RB and RM, but bloody hell wouldn't that lift us.

*violently shakes himself out of it
I would be hoping for a RB
Semedo from Barca would be my choice
Its going to be a weird window all round
Clubs forced for financial reasons to sell
No fans at games will devastate some clubs
Other clubs with cash reserves or rich backers making waves
FPP may be relaxed to put cash back into the game
A championship club selling one player for 10m may save the entire club from going under

If the season isn't finished we will not have lots of money to spend on transfers.

Pro rata, ie: how hard we will be hit in comparison to our rivals, we will come out of it better than most and that's assuming we're being run as a proper business in the first place.

I don't think we are, all the signals are that we aren't and it only seems to be FFP which has held us back spending.

If that gets lifted then we'll know exactly who's banking us and how much speeding power we have.

Pro rata, ie: how hard we will be hit in comparison to our rivals, we will come out of it better than most and that's assuming we're being run as a proper business in the first place.

I don't think we are, all the signals are that we aren't and it only seems to be FFP which has held us back spending.

If that gets lifted then we'll know exactly who's banking us and how much speeding power we have.

I just think a lot of people are ignoring the obvious impacts this virus will have on the transfer window.

I could see both Gabriel and the Barca lad happening.

I've posted this a couple of times recentley but I think we'll have a lot of interest in Keane from clubs you wouldn't expect as well.

I can see us taking advantage of that and moving him on, replacing him with 2 seemingly much quicker, younger lads.

I think this too. Hes fairly low risk. A great age, and if you play him with a quick centre back hes is very dominant. Next to Sanchez at Spurs they would be formidable.

Someone said to me the other day that Mourinho didnt work with grocks. What do we call Terry, Pepe, Cahill etc. Yes some are a cut above Keane, but you have to cut your cloth a bit when you are not at Real Madrid you are at Tottenham.

I have a sneaky feeling weve had some interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.