Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro rata, ie: how hard we will be hit in comparison to our rivals, we will come out of it better than most and that's assuming we're being run as a proper business in the first place.

I don't think we are, all the signals are that we aren't and it only seems to be FFP which has held us back spending.

If that gets lifted then we'll know exactly who's banking us and how much speeding power we have.

My gut feeling is we are coming to a crunch point with TV. We either agree to restart by May, or its cancelled and we have to agree something for next season and get most of the money back. TV strangely I dont think will be a big issue, those clubs with high sponsorships and high gate revenues are getting annihilated though.

I could see both Gabriel and the Barca lad happening.

I've posted this a couple of times recentley but I think we'll have a lot of interest in Keane from clubs you wouldn't expect as well.

I can see us taking advantage of that and moving him on, replacing him with 2 seemingly much quicker, younger lads.

seen someone on twitter say similar, what have you heard?

Find it all very strange.

I would be hoping for a RB
Semedo from Barca would be my choice
Its going to be a weird window all round
Clubs forced for financial reasons to sell
No fans at games will devastate some clubs
Other clubs with cash reserves or rich backers making waves
FPP may be relaxed to put cash back into the game
A championship club selling one player for 10m may save the entire club from going under

If Leeds don't get promoted, you can see a lad like Phillip's being sold, well below his value later in the window. Maybe 1/3 or even a quarter of the price he may have been in January.

I can see prices collapsing late in the window. I wonder if we hold on players like James, Bale or Coutinho. See if they have a taker and if they haven't we are in a really strong position later on.

If we can get 20m for Keane early doors, and ideally £40+ for Pickford that would be fantastic business.

If Leeds don't get promoted, you can see a lad like Phillip's being sold, well below his value later in the window. Maybe 1/3 or even a quarter of the price he may have been in January.

I can see prices collapsing late in the window. I wonder if we hold on players like James, Bale or Coutinho. See if they have a taker and if they haven't we are in a really strong position later on.

If we can get 20m for Keane early doors, and ideally £40+ for Pickford that would be fantastic business.
Massive fan of Philips at Leeds. Would love him at us

The 30 mil we paid +1p is a phenomenal deal for Pickford

I can see no way we will sign two centre halves without selling one or even two of our current players.
We certainly will not have a selection of Keane, Minna, Holgate, Todibo, Gabriel and Gibson pushing hard although he will probably be on loan.

I think that CA has reservations about Mina and has played Keane before him quite a bit.
I simply cannot see us having a choice of Gabriel, Todibo, Mina or Holgate. It would make Holgate in all probability the most senior centre half, we would have two young players with absolutely no Premiership experience and a centre half in Mina that the manager does not seem to trust absolutely.

I think Mina is more likely to be allowed leave than Keane, if a buyer can be found.

Would rather Gabriel tbh than this Todibo fella - out of our Barca signings only Digne has truly impressed me.

Would take both though tbh.

The most likely answer to me is it's either or with Gabriel. That either Everton or Barcelona are using the links to either pressure Lille or flush out other bidders for Todibo.

However a world does exist where we might sign both. We seem to be linked with a lot of centre backs and of quite different profiles (consider Thiago Silva). It could be that the manager is after 2. I also saw the Dutch lad from Alkmaar we were linked with, who can also play in midfield. I wonder if thats part of the thinking as well, getting people who can play in more than 1 position to help us have some depth in the squad?

The other factor in this, is that Gabriel has supposedly played at left back, we know Holgate can play at right back, both can play in midfield as can Todibo. Ityt may be that rather than buying in a full back we have half an eye on Holgate going out there if Kenny doesn't take his chance. Kenny's value will have plunged and there are in a tricky situation with him, with 2 years left on his deal, but maybe starting with him, seeing how he gets on but having in the back of your mind Holgate can slot in has to be a consideration. I think Holgate is a good footballer and can play well in a number of positions. Playing more centre backs across the back will also likely give us some stability and a platform that allows us to maybe be a little more offensive in midfield.

I also think Todibo and Gabriel are different. Todibo is still very raw, a bit behind Gabriel, but probably a higher ceiling. Gabriel probably has a lower ceiling but is more developed currently.

It would mean either Keane or Mina leaves. I hope it's Keane. I said last night online I actually think there would be a deceptive number of takers for him. I think Spurs, with less money, under Mourinho next to Sanchez could really fancy him. Brighton replacing Dunk, Leicester replacing Evans (Keane would be really good next to the Turkish lad).

I think Mina should get another go. I really like Mina but he's been disappointing to me even with last seasons improvement. However I do believe in giving people time and I think, with the profile of defender we are talking about below him he could kick on a notch. He would need to step up as a leader of the defence, but he may relish that. I mean it's a long shot but in some games a back 4 of those 4 lads would be very imposing. Digne is no slouch either, but you effectively cover him with a CB and we essentially adapt the way we play a little. It gives Iwobi/Bernard more freedom in front of them.

As a final aside, I wonder how much of this is opportunism. A player we've liked, who's done well in Germany has had 25% knocked off his price. In general most reported figures for players we've negotiated down under Brands. They may be able to get him for under £15m and Brands just feels it's too good a price to wlak away from, seeing the upside.

The main thing is Gabriel is left footed and could come straight in to start while Todibo seems to still need development.

If it was me Id punt Keane + send Gibson on loan and buy both + Emerson.

RB: Emerson / Kenny or Coleman
CB: Mina / Todibo / Holgate / Gabriel
LB: Digne / Baines

Gibson would return in a years time + Baines would need to be replaced.

Other than that we would have a defence for the next 5 seasons+

I could see both Gabriel and the Barca lad happening.

I've posted this a couple of times recentley but I think we'll have a lot of interest in Keane from clubs you wouldn't expect as well.

I can see us taking advantage of that and moving him on, replacing him with 2 seemingly much quicker, younger lads.

They are the modern day defenders while Keane is a 90s centre back.

Also his fee would cover the cost of one of them...his wages would probably cover most of theirs as well.

I would be hoping for a RB
Semedo from Barca would be my choice
Its going to be a weird window all round
Clubs forced for financial reasons to sell
No fans at games will devastate some clubs
Other clubs with cash reserves or rich backers making waves
FPP may be relaxed to put cash back into the game
A championship club selling one player for 10m may save the entire club from going under

Semedo is top class but i dont think we will get him...i think Emerson would be ideal and if not then Aarons.

I can see no way we will sign two centre halves without selling one or even two of our current players.
We certainly will not have a selection of Keane, Minna, Holgate, Todibo, Gabriel and Gibson pushing hard although he will probably be on loan.

I think that CA has reservations about Mina and has played Keane before him quite a bit.
I simply cannot see us having a choice of Gabriel, Todibo, Mina or Holgate. It would make Holgate in all probability the most senior centre half, we would have two young players with absolutely no Premiership experience and a centre half in Mina that the manager does not seem to trust absolutely.

I think Mina is more likely to be allowed leave than Keane, if a buyer can be found.

Ancelotti rotated both Mina and Keane. I cant see either being safe.

Holgate has emerged as a leader and with him and Digne thats 50% of the defence. I think we will be fine to add in 2 starters and rotation players.

You not a Gomes fan ?

He blows too hot and cold for me mate - I got slated for saying it but I think we need more mobility/consistency from the centre of the park if we are to truly push for Europe/trophies.

Even teams around us like Wolves and Leicester have arguably better /more consistent midfielders like Neves and Tielemans.

He's currently our best CM and certainly has quality but just dont think he's the answer long term certainly not without a Gana type next to him with pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.