Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like his thread is locked.

Regardless, reports suggest Sporting Lisbon have returned to training but Bolasie isn’t with them.

The good news is, the Portuguese club are having to pay his salary until the end of June. The bad news is, he does not figure in coach Ruben Amorim’s plans and they will not be taking the £4m purchase option.

Brands will need to find him another club.
Can we lock this one as well?

He doesn't even rate talking about.

At least Klaassen had the decency to move on rather than sucking up a wage in exchange for nothing.
I remember him saying he wanted to stay and fight for his place and I got the impression the club took the first bid that came in with glee. Just my opinion like

I remember him saying he wanted to stay and fight for his place and I got the impression the club took the first bid that came in with glee. Just my opinion like
It's up to him to sign the contract.

How many bids have we tried to accept for Niasse that his agent has scuppered? I'm sure Klaassen would have taken a pay cut (given the wages we were handing out at the time) when he went to Bremen.

You think grime star Bolasie would be willing to do that? Nah, he's off writing raps in the portuguese sun the utter waster.

How many bids have we tried to accept for Niasse that his agent has scuppered? I'm sure Klaassen would have taken a pay cut (given the wages we were handing out at the time) when he went to Bremen.

You think grime star Bolasie would be willing to do that? Nah, he's off writing raps in the portuguese sun the utter waster.

why should he have to go and do something he doesn't want to do, for whatever reason, just because Everton made a decision they regret?

Oh yeah I’m not making out Bolasie is any good or a nice guy. It’s our fault though, should never ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER have bought him and put ourselves in this position in the first place.

why should he have to go and do something he doesn't want to do, for whatever reason, just because Everton made a decision they regret?

Of course he doesn't have to go but as a professional footballer you have about 15 years to play at the top level and sitting in the reserves will leave him with a sense of regret eventually. It's not like he will be paid basic wages elsewhere, just more what his talent deserves.

At least Klaassen had the decency to move on rather than sucking up a wage in exchange for nothing.

....I honestly don’t blame him for not wanting a move that means a significant loss of monies.

With only 12 months left with us, there is now a slim chance he’ll accept a 2 or 3 year deal elsewhere on significantly less monies if it involves a decent signing fee.

....I honestly don’t blame him for not wanting a move that means a significant loss of monies.

With only 12 months left with us, there is now a slim chance he’ll accept a 2 or 3 year deal elsewhere on significantly less monies if it involves a decent signing fee.

I don't understand how players who are already extraordinarily rich dont wannna play football.

This is not just a point about Bolasie, its footballers in general. Once you've reached a certain level of wealth then surely you need to play?

I don't understand how players who are already extraordinarily rich dont wannna play football.

This is not just a point about Bolasie, its footballers in general. Once you've reached a certain level of wealth then surely you need to play?

...I think that’s a bit romantic, Tim. It’s not just footballers these days, it’s agents and representatives. To be fair to Bolasie he came through the ranks, he couldn’t have believed the contract Walsh gave him.

its their occupation, its their business. He could move and take a massive hit in wages and still not be a regular, or he could move and take a massive hit in wages and get injured. I doubt any club would pay him near the salary he gets for us. We might have to give him away.

How was he signed for 20 odd million with a release cause for 4 millon? , he also decided to jib his loan with villa how did he negotiate a deal like that basically all on his terms

I reckon he was only signed to appease Lukaku after he had a strop when we sold Jerry D ( i've forgotten how to spell it now). Definitely the worst value for money signing we've ever made.

What an absolute abomination this transfer has been. Listen I don't care how good Ancelotti is he ain't getting a tune out of Trombone legs.
I'll always be here to remind people that before he blew his knee out he was actually quite good, but his transfer was prejudged as being terrible for a variety of reasons, and so his failure to recover from a catastrophic injury has been turned into evidence that he was never good. At the start of 2016/17 he had a goal and 4 assists before December. Yes there were other flaws in his game, but a return like that is very solid. His time here was really more of a tragic story than anything.

I'll always be here to remind people that before he blew his knee out he was actually quite good, but his transfer was prejudged as being terrible for a variety of reasons, and so his failure to recover from a catastrophic injury has been turned into evidence that he was never good. At the start of 2016/17 he had a goal and 4 assists before December. Yes there were other flaws in his game, but a return like that is very solid. His time here was really more of a tragic story than anything.
Hadn't he averaged two goals a season for about five years before we signed him?

Status
Not open for further replies.