Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Starting to lose all motivation to do anything which is worrying. Just feel like sleeping all the time which is a problem because I’m still working from home.

Grateful to still have a job and be in good health though. Hope everyone is holding up ok.
Do you think it is the working from home. I'm finding it harder and harder to keep focussed on my job. I'm bored rigid with nobody to talk to. And I'm exhausted at the end of the day.I find it absolutely draining. On the positive side I am considerably better off due to not going to Morrisons on my way into work every morning!

Do you think it is the working from home. I'm finding it harder and harder to keep focussed on my job. I'm bored rigid with nobody to talk to. And I'm exhausted at the end of the day.I find it absolutely draining. On the positive side I am considerably better off due to not going to Morrisons on my way into work every morning!

That's what it is isn't it, just not having that spontaneous outburst of a laugh with colleagues. It's a real struggle working at home and is an additional kind of isolation.

Take care all.

I find it difficult working from home too, it has spiked my anxiety to the extent I worry about IT, Phone, and Internet connectivity problems and being cut adrift.

Most people like routine, but I like it more than most and although not commuting is a bonus, I don't like being out of my comfort zone to this degree.

It can feel somewhat ungrateful to think like that, with the hardship and grief that others must endure, and that makes it a vicious circle in some ways.

Like many others, my particular worry is my elderly parents, but they are adhering to cocooning as well as they can.

Love and empathy to all, I think the mental health fallout of this will be very significant indeed and would urge anyone needing help to avail of the supports available.

I’m struggling with the wfh. I usually work from home one or two days per week but wife is usually working and son in preschool. The Mrs work was wiped out overnight (she’s a freelance musician) and her mental health hasn’t been great for a couple of years due to post-natal depression and some other personal stuff. It’s important for her to get out for walks and practice etc to keep her head clear. But it leaves my productivity levels at rock bottom for most of the day.

So much hate and vitriol in our world now..I despair of what we mistakenly call "humanity"...Perhaps we need an asteroid to hit this planet and start again.

namaste

Where are you seeing all this hate and vitriol?
Perhaps I need to break from the Internet....this is where I see people saying things against each other that they would not say face to face....my belief is that there are more good people in this world than bad, but it is being sorely tested now. Have we all become keyboard warriors? There is also loads of good in communicating with people and friends, especially in these circumstances.
Lots of humour, wit, and understanding of other folk's problems on here has kept me grounded....It means a lot to me....Thank you fellow Blues

Namaste

Perhaps I need to break from the Internet....this is where I see people saying things against each other that they would not say face to face....my belief is that there are more good people in this world than bad, but it is being sorely tested now. Have we all become keyboard warriors? There is also loads of good in communicating with people and friends, especially in these circumstances.
Lots of humour, wit, and understanding of other folk's problems on here has kept me grounded....It means a lot to me....Thank you fellow Blues

Namaste
Social media is horrible mate. Facebook especially. Twitter is too but it also useful for keeping track of news and getting things to watch or listen to.
Good people on here who are always available to talk and listen.

Social media is horrible mate. Facebook especially. Twitter is too but it also useful for keeping track of news and getting things to watch or listen to.
Good people on here who are always available to talk and listen.
Is right...struggling atm with my health probs, but I am lucky that I have great support from Mrs Mellow (Jeanie)...some folk don't have that support...

First day now I have really struggled with this. Live on my own so that makes it tough. Restrictions extended yesterday until may 5th so I think reality of that isnt helping. It's hard to be positive about a whole pile .
It is really hard. Try and think that it is for the best in the long run. Doesn't help that the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. Keep posting on here if that helps. There will always be somebody to talk to.

It is really hard. Try and think that it is for the best in the long run. Doesn't help that the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. Keep posting on here if that helps. There will always be somebody to talk to.
Cheers. Ah it could be an awful lot worse . But I think the hardest thing is no end game in sight . The things that we most look forward to and enjoy are the things we cant do.