Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Hi everyone. Sorry in advance if this is isn't the right place to post.

My uncle has just been told his chemo hasn't worked and only has a couple of weeks left. He was the man who brought me to Everton and took me to my first game in 95 when I was 6.

His name is Spencer and has had a season ticket in the Legends Bar for as long as I can remember.

I'm not able to see him due to me living in Dubai on lockdown + flights being so rare and currently my visa is expired making leaving the country a bit unpredictable.

Does anyone know how I could contact the club to request if they could arrange for Duncan Ferguson to give my uncle a phone call? He was a player him and I shared so many memories of and I'd just like to give him something special to show him how much he means to me.

I know the club is doing alot for the blue community at the moment and have thousands of requests, but hoping they might understand given the situation.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

My uncle has just been told his chemo hasn't worked and only has a couple of weeks left. He was the man who brought me to Everton and took me to my first game in 95 when I was 6.

His name is Spencer and has had a season ticket in the Legends Bar for as long as I can remember.

I'm not able to see him due to me living in Dubai on lockdown + flights being so rare and currently my visa is expired making leaving the country a bit unpredictable.

Does anyone know how I could contact the club to request if they could arrange for Duncan Ferguson to give my uncle a phone call? He was a player him and I shared so many memories of and I'd just like to give him something special to show him how much he means to me.

I know the club is doing alot for the blue community at the moment and have thousands of requests, but hoping they might understand given the situation.

Everton in the community have a Twitter account, it may be worth sending a message through that. Best wishes to your uncle.

Not feeling great the moment, think the lockdown is finally cracking me up. It's been a very hard few weeks and I've had little to distract me. Every day is basically just consisting of waking up at whatever time and playing video games or watching Netflix, absolutely bored out of my skull. There doesn't look to be any end in sight to this pandemic either, really worried now that I may not be able to last through it. So fed up and with everything else it feels like a tornado has hit me.

I have found that getting up at the time I would usually get up for work helps. On the days I have allowed myself a lie in I have felt worse. Also I've started making lists of things I'm going to do. I'm going to buy one of those adult colouring books at the weekend. I fancy giving that a go.

I've emailed them before, albeit a while back and they were great. The fella I dealt with isn't there anymore but looks like someone called Scott Mcleod might be worth a try, he is listed as Deputy to the Director of Media, Marketing & Comms and with direct responsibility for the Club’s PR, Media, Digital, Content, Fan Services, Engagement and Events teams.

His email is scott.mcleod@evertonfc.com

Good luck mate

I've emailed them before, albeit a while back and they were great. The fella I dealt with isn't there anymore but looks like someone called Scott Mcleod might be worth a try, he is listed as Deputy to the Director of Media, Marketing & Comms and with direct responsibility for the Club’s PR, Media, Digital, Content, Fan Services, Engagement and Events teams.

His email is scott.mcleod@evertonfc.com

Good luck mate
Thank you mate, I've dropped him an email. Al let you know how it goes x

Not feeling great the moment, think the lockdown is finally cracking me up. It's been a very hard few weeks and I've had little to distract me. Every day is basically just consisting of waking up at whatever time and playing video games or watching Netflix, absolutely bored out of my skull. There doesn't look to be any end in sight to this pandemic either, really worried now that I may not be able to last through it. So fed up and with everything else it feels like a tornado has hit me.

Try exercising mate, that couch to 5k would be a good start. The exercise will obviously help but you will start to build a routine.

If you can, plan your runs for the morning. This may help you go to bed earlier the night before and drink less/not at all that evening (that's the case for me anyway). Do that three times a week and it's 5-6 days of running or 'prepping' with a full day (and evening before) off where you can do what you want and not feel guilty for watching Netflix etc..

You will probably hate it at first but with the good weather etc you may start to enjoy it it's by far the most healthy stress release I have found.

You exercising mate? Eating right? Is there any family or friends you can reach out to through phone or video message? Troubling times at the moment but know that we will come out of the other side of this at some point. Hopefully this acts as a reset for society and politics and we focus on what's important; looking after people and looking after the people who do the looking after. Not GDP and $£. So will hopefully be a better place to be when we do come out of this.

Horrible time this is. Cant see friends or family. Cant do the things we like to do.
Stuck at home for most of the day.
Ya we can exercise but that's not doin it for me currently. Not long in a relationship but thats goin to go south too because of all these restrictions . Went to bed at 3 today and been honest it was as helpful as anything else .

Horrible time this is. Cant see friends or family. Cant do the things we like to do.
Stuck at home for most of the day.
Ya we can exercise but that's not doin it for me currently. Not long in a relationship but thats goin to go south too because of all these restrictions . Went to bed at 3 today and been honest it was as helpful as anything else .

Just curious as to why you think your relationship will end because of lockdown?

You have loads of time on your hands, why not do something totally different, learn a new language plenty of YouTube videos on learning languages, if you would be willing to spend money on it there's loads of great ways to go about it. It would be great coming out of Lockdown having gained a new life long skill.
But most importantly get out for a walk every day fresh air and exercise are key to getting through this.
And just be thankful your not in Spain under house arrest.What I wouldn't give to be able to go out for a walk every day. Still Xmas isn't too far off.