Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be aiming to start next season in good order, not faffing about with this one. It is already compromised sportingly due to the long layoffs, and it is still unlikely it can be completed before what should be the start of next season.

During this crisis nothing we discuss regarding football matters. Giving people titles or not giving them titles doesn’t matter.

That said your idea is still wank.

I could see the season being voided as it is not going to finish any time soon. I could see next season possibly starting late and would not surprise me if there is no Camps league or Europa at all next season. This will allow all leagues to stay locally and not travel to other countries and spread the virus again. This would allow teams to be promoted and none relegated as well as there will be space for extra games.

Someone said a few pages back that they are trying to finish the Bundesliga. I saw that teams are allowed to train in small groups which I find bizarre as they still have a high infection rate. My father in law just returned to Germany from Australia Yesterday and has since found out that if he had returned on the Friday coming he would be in 2 weeks lockdown but he is not at the moment and its only a recommendation. While Germany are making more rules I doubt the Bundesliga is anywhere close to happening.

PS - on an entirely seperate note, some of you argued I must be a kopite because I don't like Pickford. If you continue to faith in Pickford, you should just give it up today, you don't understand Football. He is not a top half keeper, never mind a top class one.
I can't stand Pickford anymore fella.
But no one's called me a Kopite for saying so.
I did think he was good, but now a liability.

It must be more than this ?

Not everyone needs it if they can A. Test who has had it and, B. Proved conclusively you can only get it the one time.

After that you’re only needing to first give it to the most vulnerable and then slowly filling in the gaps.
According to some expert on radio heer in Ireland if we had the 5 million vaccines we could immunise the whole country in less than 2 months
Those over 80 and those in nursing homes first
Then schoolchildren ,and then those with underlying conditions,and so on
Just need staff, and people could be trained up to give the vaccine within days

Realistically, if a successful vaccine is developed then it will take time to mass produce and then to administer to the population. The former Norwegian PM, who I believe is a doctor, said we are probably going to be in measures to deal with this outbreak for 18 months to 2 years.
it all depends who develops the vaccine
If whoever develops it first foregos their patent and allows every pharmaceutical company in the world to manufacture it ,it wont take long to make enough for the entire global population

I missed the K banning
Was it a proper Yank style meltdown or did the contrarian AH just get on the wrong peoples nerves .
What was the straw that broke the camels back
It was good to watch mate he basically blew himself out the water, it's worth going back to look how it unveiled two posters done him up well.

it all depends who develops the vaccine
If whoever develops it first foregos their patent and allows every pharmaceutical company in the world to manufacture it ,it wont take long to make enough for the entire global population
Think Johnson and Johnson are starting trials in September. Will distribute on a non profit basis(not sure what that means-. Maybe cost price) to everyone. Article say vaccine ready early 2021. And biggest drug company in the world and can rapidly set up production

As a statistician, I would be inclined to trust our own scientists modelling as they will have a better understanding of the U.K. situation and I dare say the underlying assumptions in their models will be better informed than the IMHE model. If not, then heaven help us.

Same old problem, people publishing garbage just so they can add it to their CV. Really disappointing.

Think Johnson and Johnson are starting trials in September. Will distribute on a non profit basis(not sure what that means-. Maybe cost price) to everyone. Article say vaccine ready early 2021. And biggest drug company in the world and can rapidly set up production

Seems optimistic but I hope it arrives sooner than anyone expects.

It would be a lot quicker if they allowed every company to make it for 6 months and just pay them a small fee

Status
Not open for further replies.