Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful news for us if season does end up voided; we were able to rid ourselves of Silva, his horrible half-season which had us in the relegation places is chalked off and ultimately the fact that we couldn't qualify for Europe wouldn't matter, and we ended up with Carlo Magnifico. Let's have that please.

IF... don’t forget it’s the devils club here

if tho this happens I will have a party for about a week and your all invited like seriously

Let’s put all this another way: if the education system has decreed that children will not be sitting essential GCSE and A Level exams and have already put measures in place to replace them, how likely is it that special dispensations will be given to allow a relatively minor perennial event e.g. a sporting contest to take place, especially where a distance of 6 feet radius (minimum) cannot be maintained between participants?

It’s over, guys.

Is the meeting taking place today?
started over hour ago,but they think its just a general thing of pretty much saying what we have heard already i think, IE some will want to finish league,while some wont, if it does restart it has to be soon and end by that 30th June for me at the very worst,dont want them to come up with some mad idea that they will finish the games in July or august then next season starts late - which then has a knock on effect with euros at the end of it because we would be fitting games in because of the late start,while we have the usual international breaks,then the following season has the W/C in the nov which surely means we start that season early a touch if pos and end late-no idea as all it has knock on effect

I think there's a strong possibility we'll see a cancellation of most fixtures in the International calendar, particularly non-competitive ones. The club Football schedule will need to be prioritised to ensure that next season starts and finishes within a reasonable time frame, if they cancel most international breaks throughout the season, that will allow for more club games to be played.

However, as has been said multiple times, this current season is just as important as the next, which is why the PL and other leagues are prioritising finishing the leagues when it's safe to do so.

I think there's a strong possibility we'll see a cancellation of most fixtures in the International calendar, particularly non-competitive ones. The club Football schedule will need to be prioritised to ensure that next season starts and finishes within a reasonable time frame, if they cancel most international breaks throughout the season, that will allow for more club games to be played.

However, as has been said multiple times, this current season is just as important as the next, which is why the PL and other leagues are prioritising finishing the leagues when it's safe to do so.

oh my god you are obsessed with finishing it aren’t you. , I beg to god if I can have one wish for all my life it’s to void this season and I will go to church every week religiously.

Your head is coming clean off if this season gets voided.

oh my god you are obsessed with finishing it aren’t you. , I beg to god if I can have one wish for all my life it’s to void this season and I will go to church every week religiously.

No more obsessed than you are with voiding it, eh?

Your head is coming clean off if this season gets voided.

Deep down, you know it's the fairest outcome, lids.

The fairest outcome would be to prioritise the health of the public rather than a football club that wants a shiny pot.

I don't think resuming the season is a case of prioritising anything over the health of the public.

It's simply saying that when it's safe for the public to congregate once more, whenever that will be, then the leagues can safely resume.

Might cause some scheduling issues for future competitions, but why are they more important than this current one? The leagues obviously feel those scheduling issues can be overcome and a huge international competition has already been postponed 12 months.

No violation of public health whatsoever.

There will be no outcome from this meeting , how can there be ?
They will probably issue a holding statement now and meet again in a few weeks to review where they are by then.

Agreed, still too early to know what the state of the world will be come mid-late April. I think it's more likely they'll just be discussing the 'what ifs' like every business across the country right now. It's totally unprecedented, so a whole load of contingency planning, disaster recovery and decision making has to be done very quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think resuming the season is a case of prioritising anything over the health of the public.

It's simply saying that when it's safe for the public to congregate once more, whenever that will be, then the leagues can safely resume.

Might cause some scheduling issues for future competitions, but why are they more important than this one? The leagues obviously feel they can be overcome and a huge international competition has already been postponed 12 months.

No violation of public health whatsoever.

Agreed, still too early to know what the state of the world will be come mid-late April. I think it's more likely they'll just be discussing the 'what ifs' like every business across the country right now. It's totally unprecedented, so a whole load of contingency planning, disaster recovery and decision making has to be done very quickly.

What if it isn't safe to resume in the next 6 months, which it won't be?

Status
Not open for further replies.