Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it doesn't become safe to do so then there will be no Football played whatsoever, whether it's considered this season or next.

I'm not blase about the pandemic, I think we've got another 6-8 weeks of this and it may get worse before it gets better but I also don't think it's going to last for 6 months + with the world on lockdown, flights grounded, hotels / restaurants / bars shut down and nobody making any real money, including some of the 1%. Money makes the world go round and all resources will be ploughed into big pharma to create and distribute a vaccine very quickly. However it plays out, like all things, this will pass eventually.

So then, for me it really becomes about 'when' it will be safe to do so. And that's the multi-million dollar question that nobody can agree on isn't it? Nobody knows the answer 'when' it will become safe again so meetings like the one taking place today are vital because they will be outlining what happens if that time is in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months or a different time frame altogether. There may be different solutions decided upon based on each of those timescales.

oh no doubt ‘big pharma ‘ are working on this with the main aim you pathetic RS whoppers can have your title , no Argument you’d have deserved it but change the record you sad Little ticket robber . People are dying , more will die , and personally I know people losing their jobs and businesses whilst I’ve took a kicking .

I’ll admit I saw this as a punchline not too long ago so I’ll take my criticism but if you don’t see the grubby nature of you masquerading as a blue whilst droning on and on about this then you need to have a serious word with yourself .

The FA, Premier League, EFL and women’s professional game, together with the PFA and LMA, understand we are in unprecedented times and our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.
We're united in our commitment to finding ways of resuming the 2019-20 football season and ensuring all domestic and European club league and cup matches are played as soon as it is safe and possible to do so.

We've collectively supported UEFA in postponing EURO 2020 to create space in the calendar to ensure domestic and European club league and cup matches have an increased opportunity to be played and, in doing so, maintain the integrity of each competition.
The FA’s Rules and Regulations state that “the season shall terminate not later than the 1 June” and “each competition shall, within the limit laid down by The FA, determine the length of its own playing season”.

However, our Board has agreed for this limit to be extended indefinitely for the 2019-20 season in relation to professional football. Additionally, we've collectively agreed that the professional game in England will be further postponed until no earlier than Thursday 30 April.
The progress of COVID-19 remains unclear and we can reassure everyone the health and welfare of players, staff and supporters are our priority.
We will continue to follow Government advice and work collaboratively to keep the situation under review and explore all options available to find ways of resuming the season when the conditions allow.
We would all like to re-emphasise that our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.

The FA, Premier League, EFL and women’s professional game, together with the PFA and LMA, understand we are in unprecedented times and our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.
We're united in our commitment to finding ways of resuming the 2019-20 football season and ensuring all domestic and European club league and cup matches are played as soon as it is safe and possible to do so.

We've collectively supported UEFA in postponing EURO 2020 to create space in the calendar to ensure domestic and European club league and cup matches have an increased opportunity to be played and, in doing so, maintain the integrity of each competition.
The FA’s Rules and Regulations state that “the season shall terminate not later than the 1 June” and “each competition shall, within the limit laid down by The FA, determine the length of its own playing season”.

However, our Board has agreed for this limit to be extended indefinitely for the 2019-20 season in relation to professional football. Additionally, we've collectively agreed that the professional game in England will be further postponed until no earlier than Thursday 30 April.
The progress of COVID-19 remains unclear and we can reassure everyone the health and welfare of players, staff and supporters are our priority.
We will continue to follow Government advice and work collaboratively to keep the situation under review and explore all options available to find ways of resuming the season when the conditions allow.
We would all like to re-emphasise that our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.

Means nothing - the reality is the deadline is 30 June; if games aren't completed by then, it bites the dust due to player contracts etc.

All they've done is not commit to the 30 June by saying "indefinitely".

If any club bar Liverpool sign up to re-commencing the league after that date with different playing staff etc. they have a screw loose.

Why is this season any more important than next? So much more that we just write off next season to finish this one?
this season should be regarded as less significant than the others as this season has had an unscheduled (relatively) massive break in proceedings, some participants may be medically affected to differing degrees and may or may not be fully prepared to restart. A clean start in august if that is possible draws a neat line under a very mucky messy mess of a season. Shame for the RS, they deserved to win it but they didn't win it. If they are that brilliant and the supplier of special lucozade holds out, they should be winning it next season instead, Good luck RS (although I don't actually mean that).

Soooo it's changed from no later than the 30th April until, no earlier than the 30th April, slight change there, so by hook or by CROOK you will win the league Liverpool. Kieran will be chuffed. :)

As I expected, to be honest.

oh no doubt ‘big pharma ‘ are working on this with the main aim you pathetic RS whoppers can have your title , no Argument you’d have deserved it but change the record you sad Little ticket robber . People are dying , more will die , and personally I know people losing their jobs and businesses whilst I’ve took a kicking .

I’ll admit I saw this as a punchline not too long ago so I’ll take my criticism but if you don’t see the grubby nature of you masquerading as a blue whilst droning on and on about this then you need to have a serious word with yourself .

Again, I'm sorry you feel that way.

Everyone is 'taking a kicking from this' and nobody is shielded from it. You can still acknowledge how horrible it's been and horrible it will be for some time, both in terms of health and livelihoods, but it's a discussion that absolutely needs to take place in a sensitive, meaningful way. After all, the Football industry is responsible for many jobs too. 'The show must go on' for many businesses both during and after this ends. That often means some tough decisions that not everyone agrees with or likes.

no they are. Don’t know why you think they’re not! Go over to RAWK we’re your wanted mate.

Scrapping and postponing aren't the same, you understand this don't you Matty?

As I expected, to be honest.

Again, I'm sorry you feel that way.

Everyone is 'taking a kicking from this' and nobody is shielded from it. You can still acknowledge how horrible it's been and horrible it will be for some time, both in terms of health and livelihoods, but it's a discussion that absolutely needs to take place in a sensitive, meaningful way. After all, the Football industry is responsible for many jobs too. 'The show must go on' for many businesses both during and after this ends. That often means some tough decisions that not everyone agrees with or likes.

log off your not a blue. And go party that you will have your turd PL trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.