Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Keiran

So again, since you keep swerving it. I don’t care if you support Everton, Liverpool or both which is possibly as you’ve been caught up in the past regularly talking out of your backside.

What are your arguments for finishing this season in the summer and permanently affecting the state of the PL - and possibly competitions - afterwards?

The telegraph article (not sure if someone has posted it) simply demonstrates how afraid the premier league are of facing lawsuits if the season isn’t completed. The article states that the options the league is considering are:

. Awarding Liverpool the title
. No team will be relegated
. Leeds and West Brom are promoted, creating a 22 team league- 5 teams would go down in the subsequent season.
. The current top 4 and last seasons top 4 would all enter the Champions League- talk of the competition having an expanded qualifying scenario to mitigate this.

Now the article is obviously a lot of speculation and theorising at this point but it smacks of keeping everybody happy.

And sadly they'll be looking for as much of that as possible in the circumstances.

For me I just want the season to finish & hopefully see those deluded spanners WHU/Villa relegated.

I made my peace that the RS won it months ago sadly.

No, I believe if say a League Two club is currently mathematically promoted and a League One club is currently mathematically relegated they should swap. That would be fair.

This is problematic as this only works if the teams promoted/relegated equal the number of teams relegated/promoted in the corresponding league. And in the event of multiple teams, they would then have to mathematically be assured of a league placing beyond relegation to provide true fairness. For instance, 2 teams are mathematically relegated but could still finish anywhere in bottom 3,while 1 team in league below is mathematically promoted. Which team would swap?

Only fair way if Incomplete is to void and start again.

You would hope there would be a law to clear up these conditions in events such as these in the League rules, but the lack of clarity suggests that's not the case.

As it stands right now City can still win the title.

But if City are happy to concede LFC have won it then they'll be given it thats the point really.

Pep conceeded weeks ago the title race was done. They'll only not be awarded it if enough clubs disprove which wont be the case including us I would imagine.

This is problematic as this only works if the teams promoted/relegated equal the number of teams relegated/promoted in the corresponding league. And in the event of multiple teams, they would then have to mathematically be assured of a league placing beyond relegation to provide true fairness. For instance, 2 teams are mathematically relegated but could still finish anywhere in bottom 3,while 1 team in league below is mathematically promoted. Which team would swap?

Only fair way if I completed is to void and start again.

You would hope there would be a law to clear up these conditions in events such as these in the League rules, but the lack of clarity suggests that's not the case.

Yeh that’s the only issue if there’s a mismatch in the number. I’m not sure if any are guaranteed right now anyway without checking.

Yes. I'm a massive Liverpool supporter who has been a regular on an Everton site for 4 years+.

Does that make my opinion invalid mate?
At last. So, why have you been referring to Everton as 'we'. And why, having finally told the truth, have you been coming here with your opinions for so long?

I can't wait for your answer - taking my granddaughter swimming - looking forward to it when I come home. Oh, to answer your question - yes, it is on GOT.

But if City are happy to concede LFC have won it then they'll be given it thats the point really.

Pep conceeded weeks ago the title race was done. They'll only not be awarded it if enough clubs disprove which wont be the case including us I would imagine.

Yeh if it’s down to a vote with all the teams and they’re given it fine, can’t stop that, but to all fans of all teams they haven’t really won it.

At last. So, why have you been referring to Everton as 'we'. And why, having finally told the truth, have you been coming here with your opinions for so long?

I can't wait for your answer - taking my granddaughter swimming - looking forward to it when I come home. Oh, to answer your question - yes, it is on GOT.

I wouldn’t believe a word he writes on here even if he was telling me his username was Keiran.

Aren't all European major leagues postponed at present for precisely the same reason?

Therefore it won't present a problem whatsoever. They will all agree to resume play roughly around the same time, in line with guidance from their own FA's and UEFA.

Short term contracts and scheduling appears to be everyone's main issue and it's the most simple thing in the world to overcome, especially given that it was being adjusted for the World Cup anyway.

Just be clear and say you want it voided for bants. It's fine, everyone gets it.
mate, people don't just run down their contact because they have forgotten when they run out and it kinda creeps up on them. They run down because either the club want shut, or the player wants a new club. The notion that these players will sign on a temp contract just so the RS can win is rather hopeful.

@Keiran does talk garbo but its interesting garbo.

Better than the stat hounds who are dull as dishwater.

You know what you get with @Keiran , he presents a ludicrous argument in a way that at first you think is so stupid it must be your fault for getting it wrong.
Then it's already too late and he has set out his stall.

I like him, he's good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.