Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool fan group Spirit of Shankly has welcomed the decision to call off the Premier League for the next few weeks.
The Reds are top of the Premier League, on the brink of a first league title for 30 years.
"The most important consideration at this stage of the spread of Coronavirus is the health of players, officials, staff and supporters of all football clubs," the group said in a statement.
"In the weeks ahead it is likely difficult decisions will need to made about how this season's football competitions are to be concluded. As supporters – the most important stakeholder group in the game – we hope to be fully involved in any dialogue and decision making with the football authorities on these matters.
"We also recognise there will be serious financial impact on some football clubs from the lower leagues, and support an approach across football to prioritise helping them."

lol you'll get nothing and like it

The spokesperson added before breaking into a rendition of the Munich song.

The behind closed door solution has been and gone. It was trailed for a few games and has proven completely ridiculous and ineffective. This won't be started again behind closed doors. That ship has long since sailed. It will be started properly or not at all.

I also agree with you, quite quickly through the summer focus is going to turn (I believe) to ensuring next season can happen. We are told it will get worse all the way to May. We have people who have contracted the virus, they make take weeks or months to fully recover. In China they have had 3 months off and still no closer to re-starting. And thats with enormously stringent regulations.

You have to factor in, a 3 month gap, where players won't be training will not necessitate itself to an immediate start again. If it is not cleared up by the end of May thats a 2 1/2 month lay off for players and we have to start seriously questioning when things can re-start.

If I was putting a timeline, I would say it will take until Mid Summer to get a point where discussions can begin, and probably lead to a delayed start next season. But if it is worse than predicted, even by a little bit, the viability of next season starts to be called into question.

The PL struggles to reschedule one game these days if it’s called off for snow in winter and often ends up putting it in at the end of the season. There’s just no way they can start juggling the calendars of 3 seasons of football in line with UEFA doing the same thing across 100s of leagues. Like any planning exercise you need certainty and the longer this goes on the more this will turn towards making a concrete proposal for playing games next season that all stakeholders can get behind. Wouldn’t surprise me if plans were being drawn up for the 38 games of next season to be played from September or October onwards with no winter break and perhaps the league cup cancelled and no FA cup replays. I just can’t see how they fit in another third of a season of fixtures when they have no current date for when the crisis will be over.

I just can’t see how they fit in another third of a season of fixtures when they have no current date for when the crisis will be over.

Nor can they, hence the reason for the delay. See how the land lies 1st week of April and go from there.

To void it now would be like using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.

Being told once contracted, you still can pass on the virus up to 30 days even after rehabilitation. Nobody knows if this can be ascertained or verified. I shopped last night and saw 3 nurses and an officer in uniform, trolleys full.

It's impossible to envisage considering we haven't hit peak yet, that April will be a realistic target to resume any form of normality. The season will be void. Personally I don't get any satisfaction from that. This is perhaps an event equal to 9-11, the fall of the Berlin Wall etc. We all have to act appropriately.

Money, karma, partisanship is irrelevant here. It's trivial. Lives could be at risk and lives unfortunately might be lost. I hope it's all unfounded but personally I'll protect my family and I think the club are doing the same.

I was winding up the rs on my lunch time walk. Void it, what else is there to do. It'll be like last year when we didn't get the trophy after getting a record points total. But you didn't did you, Manchester City did.

Life is good today. I'll worry about the sickness tomorrow.

You lost the league in Wuhan Market!

So I dont mean to be a Grinch or anything but how does the TV deals work at this point? Thats vital money for the club

Status
Not open for further replies.