Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I dont mean to be a Grinch or anything but how does the TV deals work at this point? Thats vital money for the club
Helluva question though. I would think that splitting out tv money equally between the teams is a fair system if the league is voided. As for tv money coming in, that's another question and it may well affect the total in. This is going to run and run and run. I hope Uncle Usmanov is checking behind his sofa for a few extra bob in case there's a shortfall.

The two experts either side of Boris yesterday (one medical, one scientific) suggested we are approximately four weeks behind the Italian pattern! Yesterday in Italy over 15,000 reported cases and over 1,000 deaths as a result! With the expected peak not for another 10-14 weeks, I can’t see any chance at all that we will be restarting again until at least June/July time - not for the 19/20 season anyway!

The “football authorities” will probably just make a decision on a fortnightly basis to continue the suspension of games, before anyone has the bottle and balls to void this season altogether!

I think you're right. I would say they are trying to avoid a situation where sponsors stop paying (and tv) on mass and praying for a miracle.

So I dont mean to be a Grinch or anything but how does the TV deals work at this point? Thats vital money for the club

Its something the Premier League cannot Control. A world wide pandemic; you’d imagine that Sky would be liable to pay up, if they’re not insured against it, but no one is at fault, so Sky and BT would surely be Expected as part of A multi year deal to fulfill their financial responsibilities, especially as the Premier League has made them how much money?

They are going to win the league. It won't be voided.
The league is over as of today IMO - no chance of rescheduling the remaining fixtures so they don't get to win it legit.

They still may get declared winners, get their own special coronavirus trophy made or what have you. But it will be asterisked with a footnote for the rest of time.

The league is over as of today IMO - no chance of rescheduling the remaining fixtures so they don't get to win it legit.

They still may get declared winners, get their own special coronavirus trophy made or what have you. But it will be asterisked with a footnote for the rest of time.

This is actually the scenario I want to happen. Also LOL at coronavirus trophy.

Screenshot_20200313-133305.png

I like this idea.

My bro in law “ they will have to give us the league and they won’t void it if we did we will sue them”

It would look really great on any multi million corporation / club if they decided to sue another entity for prize money or a trophy not won, while hundreds or possibly thousands of their country men and women had died from the virus that had caused the issue.

China still hasn't re-started and this is nearly 4 months later, will stringent procedures to stabilise the virus in place. I cannot see the overall number being substantially less than they are now in 3 weeks. The risk will be even greater in 3 weeks (I suspect as reporting goes up) so it is going to be much harder to start the competition again.

It's not impossible, but it would be very reckless to go back ahead with it. They have been reckless so far, so you can't rule anything out, but I'd be surprised if it went ahead.

You also have to factor is, the bottom 6 would be massively in favour of voiding the season to repeat it next year. Thats 6 teams before you get started who will drag their heels. I can't imagine Arsenal are going to want to go straight back to it. We here Spurs want to potentially void it. Leicester and Rodgers have already said as much. I imagine City would and hope we would too. As time goes by, I can really only see one team supporting the idea of awarding positions and titles in an incomplete season.
Sources here in Australia are saying it will peak in late May and not die off (no pun intended) until Dec.
Depending on how successfully your measures are you'll get a quick very high peak and the hospitals wont cope at all
Or
A long lower slow peak, which they may just cope with...maybe

Just thinking it through if the season extends into Jun or even Jul there is the integrity of the competition issue.

Realistically we are finishing 8-12 come what may. If I were Carlo faced with 10 games in 5 weeks or so just to finish the season I would rest Richy, DCL, Holgate etc and focus them on next season rather than burn them out over summer which will impact new season in autumn. Only those with relegation or euro places at stake will field full strength teams so unusual results will occur all over the place depending on who you have left to play and what they have to play for. This is at least as unfair and problematic as simply voiding and using 18/19 final table for placings re euro slots (with no trophies awarded obviously).

Sources here in Australia are saying it will peak in late May and not die off (no pun intended) until Dec.
Depending on how successfully your measures are you'll get a quick very high peak and the hospitals wont cope at all
Or
A long lower slow peak, which they may just cope with...maybe
That's because the summer in Australia is December. The theory is the summer will slow the infection

Status
Not open for further replies.