Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that’s correct.

Today aside there has been a clear improvement.

And yet, our best two performances this season were under Dunc.

So you don't agree that Ancelotti has improved us?

No wonder you're treated like a meme around here lol

No, I didn't say we haven't improved. I'm saying we need to demand better. It's all well and good giving the players dogs abuse, but the manager isn't blameless, especially if you're 4-0 down after 55 minutes.

I stand by my statement that if we fail to get Europa, it will be a huge failure on Carlo's part.

This squad is mainly dross, who stands out to you ?
For me Richarlison, DCL, Gomes, Holgate and Digna.
Bernard, Iwobi, Mina and Pickford are hit and miss and to be fair none of these players are Carlo's signings.
He needs time and we need patience, he's a proven winner and we have to give him time to build.

I have always had doubts about Gomes,even before his injury and they are being confirmed . He hasn't got the mental fortitude for the Prem(one reason he was sold so cheaply by Barca). The game simply passed him by today,and so did the Chelsea players. Davies was equally bad, and poor Bernard had an impossible task when moved to the middle because quite simply no one ever showed for a pass. Digne? Now I know he has been dealing with a family bereavement(?) but he is just not concentrating. At one point early in the second half Pickford(who btw was excellent today) looked for him to set him off down the left, but Dignes mind was just somewhere else, and definitely not on the game,he just didn't look at Pickford at all. Not surprised he took a heavy beating, we had no midfield at all. Marriage has done Siggy no favours at all on the pitch. So Carlo has finally been Everton'd. Onwards vand upwards.

Abstaining as none of them deserve a vote. Truly disgraceful performance from a bunch of over paid millionaires that mostly dont give a cack.

Anyone signing out one player today is a moron.

Abject from 1 to 11. You dont lose the way we did by just having one or two bad players.

Everything everybody tried today went wrong. They were all poor. I really struggled to pick a positive apart from Pickford controlling his area well and keeping it to goals you can count on one hand.

The first two goals are just so poor, First goal is Tom letting Mount having free space for no reason despite walking past him.
Then the second is Sidibe having plain vision of Pedro yet he just lets him run past him, It's embarrassing that these are professional players.

Keane plays him onside for the second.

I think...I don't even think I know the rules anymore. Pedro was slightly beyond Sidibe when the ball was played anyway.

I have always had doubts about Gomes,even before his injury and they are being confirmed . He hasn't got the mental fortitude for the Prem(one reason he was sold so cheaply by Barca). The game simply passed him by today,and so did the Chelsea players. Davies was equally bad, and poor Bernard had an impossible task when moved to the middle because quite simply no one ever showed for a pass. Digne? Now I know he has been dealing with a family bereavement(?) but he is just not concentrating. At one point early in the second half Pickford(who btw was excellent today) looked for him to set him off down the left, but Dignes mind was just somewhere else, and definitely not on the game,he just didn't look at Pickford at all. Not surprised he took a heavy beating, we had no midfield at all. Marriage has done Siggy no favours at all on the pitch. So Carlo has finally been Everton'd. Onwards vand upwards.
Needed subbing today along with siggy....

Status
Not open for further replies.