Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With our turgid midfield - we need to put 5 in there away from home - even though we have some [Poor language removed] options, if he is Going to play Sigurdsson then he has to be in a middle three - richarlison wide left and Walcott wife right.

in all honestly our midfield was dreadful against arsenal an united as well.

need huge changes in the middle during the summer. People who can actually run and pass would be an improvement...

I expected better from Carlo and i'll continue to do so. The squad is not THIS bad. He must do better and we must continue to demand more otherwise we'll continue to lower and adjust our standards.
I don't think the squad is that bad and certain players get an unfair level of criticism, but in reality we miss real real quality in a number of key but pivotal areas.

Our central midfield and wide players are below par in terms of pace, creativity and the ability to really threaten teams and impose themselves on a game.

This weakness limits the options of the front two and places further pressure on the defence. One or two key additions here would likely act as a catalyst.

A top quality centre back, who we can rely on, with a strong right back and I do think we'd play much better: that's not eight additions, but three to four.

So, devils advocate, unless he signs 8 or 9 in the summer and drastically overhauls the squad, what do you think can we honestly expect from Carlo next season?

There has to be a line in the sand drawn. We're better than this, we are. I don't care what anyone says. We should be 7th or 8th with this squad, with the manager we have and with the money that's gone in to it. These are not terrible players.

They are players lacking confidence and possibly guidance / leadership, in a system that (still) does not suit them.

We sacked Silva, rightly, because the results being served up were not good enough. We wouldn't have gone down with him.

We wouldn't have troubled the European spots either, mind. But we would've been safe. Probably somewhere about where we are now.

I expected better from Carlo and i'll continue to do so. The squad is not THIS bad. He must do better and we must continue to demand more otherwise we'll continue to lower and adjust our standards.

This squad is mainly dross, who stands out to you ?
For me Richarlison, DCL, Gomes, Holgate and Digna.
Bernard, Iwobi, Mina and Pickford are hit and miss and to be fair none of these players are Carlo's signings.
He needs time and we need patience, he's a proven winner and we have to give him time to build.

We cant spend big because of FFP. We are stuck with alot of these......

Spending well is more important.

We will need to spend whatever it takes.
Be that £5m, £50m or £500m.

The side needs energy, pace and a desire to win. A proper captain who will sweat blood before accepting defeat.

This club has been pathetically weak for a quater of a century.

Enough is enough now. I want the real Everton back, the one I grew up with in the mid 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.