Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Always left amazed and speechless at the support available to many in here every time I come into the thread.

You are all amazing. ;)

As someone who has been on the receiving end of GOT support, albeit in another thread, I can testify to the astonishing impact it can have. In a good way.

Thank Christ @Groucho had the awareness and courage to start this thread.

Sadly it seems to be the only way. Very hard living in a society like ours and not drinking though!

Tell em to stuff it mate. In your head like.

If you get the chance, there was an interview on 5 Live between 1 and 3 pm today, with some comedian who I had never heard of, Eleanor Conway or sommet. (will be on some pod cast by now) She was up to her eyes in booze and drugs, and her way out was pretty much that. Her first few days sober were at Glastonbury ffs, but she had set her own agenda.

Not easy, but on her terms.

Tell em to stuff it mate. In your head like.

If you get the chance, there was an interview on 5 Live between 1 and 3 pm today, with some comedian who I had never heard of, Eleanor Conway or sommet. (will be on some pod cast by now) She was up to her eyes in booze and drugs, and her way out was pretty much that. Her first few days sober were at Glastonbury ffs, but she had set her own agenda.

Not easy, but on her terms.

Thanks for that mate. I’ve found it and going to give it a listen this evening.

The alcohol and drugs have contributed to lots of my problems, yes, though not all of them. They’re certainly making my life worse than it needs to be right now. I’m in a lot of pain at the moment and deeply frustrated which makes a ‘quick fix’ tempting. I need to stay sober for things to get better.

The drugs really do exacerbate problems and in the long run make the original issues even worse because of the stress on your body.

Extending the so called olive branch to people and being more social would help the loneliness. It won't be easy and will likely be awkward as hell at first, but gets easier.

You've got every tool you need to recover from all of this. Kick some ass WB, ask for help when you need it. Asking for help is much more of a sign of strength and awareness than it is weakness.

The drugs really do exacerbate problems and in the long run make the original issues even worse because of the stress on your body.

Extending the so called olive branch to people and being more social would help the loneliness. It won't be easy and will likely be awkward as hell at first, but gets easier.

You've got every tool you need to recover from all of this. Kick some ass WB, ask for help when you need it. Asking for help is much more of a sign of strength and awareness than it is weakness.

I think the first stage is going to be sobriety and exercise. Get a bit of a routine going. After that yes, I’m going to have to start actively repairing old relationships and nurturing new ones.

Sadly it seems to be the only way. Very hard living in a society like ours and not drinking though!

I encounter a lot of the same and it may seem that way but there are plenty of people across the spectrum who don't drink. It may have even been in this thread talking to Frank before, but any person who puts the value of "being fun"/ putting on a certain personality with the alcohol at the risk of your personal well-being isn't a friend at all.

I encounter a lot of the same and it may seem that way but there are plenty of people across the spectrum who don't drink. It may have even been in this thread talking to Frank before, but any person who puts the value of "being fun"/ putting on a certain personality with the alcohol at the risk of your personal well-being isn't a friend at all.

I don’t think anyone would force me to drink, lots would encourage my abstinence - the problem will be me feeling like I’m missing out.

I don’t think anyone would force me to drink, lots would encourage my abstinence - the problem will be me feeling like I’m missing out.

Fair enough, so a self imposed kind of fear. As someone who watched his father essentially wilt away from alcoholism, I can tell you the only things you miss out on from heavy alcohol intake are things that you don't want in the first place.

I think the first stage is going to be sobriety and exercise. Get a bit of a routine going. After that yes, I’m going to have to start actively repairing old relationships and nurturing new ones.

honestly mate routine and exercise are just so important for so many people in these circumstances. Planning , structure , tiredness and endorphins you’ll feel a difference I’m sure .

The alcohol and drugs have contributed to lots of my problems, yes, though not all of them. They’re certainly making my life worse than it needs to be right now. I’m in a lot of pain at the moment and deeply frustrated which makes a ‘quick fix’ tempting. I need to stay sober for things to get better.
If your near Shifnal mate try the boxing cub on a Saturday at 1.30. That's if your still living in Wolverhampton???