Votes: 265 33.5%
  • Top 10

Votes: 315 39.8%
  • Bottom half

Votes: 47 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bookies are pricing us up to finish 10th, behind Arsenal.
There seems to be an opinion among journalists that Arsenal are resurgent under Arteta and have gone on a good run. Their form is ok, but they've drawn lots of games, Man Utds form remains indifferent and Chelsea are currently on a bad run. Good time for us to be playing them all I think.

Aye but we've played largely bums and havent looked great.

These next round of fixtures are very tough in comparison to say Brighton and Newcastle.
True this, but take the next game Arsenal, they have been poor since Arteta came in, Chelsea no longer picking up points, one shot on target last night, Spurs with out Son for a month, united missing Rashford, the competition isnt great

There seems to be an opinion among journalists that Arsenal are resurgent under Arteta and have gone on a good run. Their form is ok, but they've drawn lots of games, Man Utds form remains indifferent and Chelsea are currently on a bad run. Good time for us to be playing them all I think.
Arsenal have definitely become better defensively, but they've been guilty of not converting chances

Ancelotti is unquestionably a better, more experienced manager. But this isn't about manager vs manager. It's a team game. And they have far better than squads than we do to choose from.

How will the pressure be on Liverpool? The league is wrapped up. There's no pressure at all beyond the pressure they place on themselves to win, which is perhaps what makes them so successful anyway. They'll have one eye firmly on the other competitions now. In fact, the pressure is entirely on us. We are the team trying to get our 1st derby win in almost 10 years, we are the team with something to fight for in the league. We are the team in desperate need of 3 points there, not them.

In fact, worst case scenario if the cards fall as they could, they could yet come to Goodison either as Champions or with the potential to win the game and become Champions, then the fan pressure will massively be on us to prevent that happening / rain on their parade.

Chelsea haven't been able to add to their squad and lost their best player in the summer. Because of that they've had to place a huge emphasis on youth, bringing in players like James, CHO, Mount and Abraham who've barely kicked a ball in the Premier League before. Man United have had their best players out injured for most of the season, while also blooding several young players similar to Chelsea. That's why they are where they are.

The reason we are where we are isn't solely due to Silva. It's predominantly down to the lack of quality in our squad. If we somehow finish top 5 then i'll be delighted to revise that statement. But it says a lot that we're so close and nobody actually believes we'll do it. We've even got to play the teams around us so, some would argue, we have a very fair shout.

But it's Everton. This is what we do. If we come out of the next 4 games with any more than 4 points, i'll be gobsmacked. And 4 points won't be sufficient to get us top 5.
I think you are correct in your summing up, briefly I’d add that while the results have improved, against mostly poor teams. the performances haven’t, give Ancelotti another twelve months and the performances and the squad will make us a better and stronger squad.

Arsenal have definitely become better defensively, but they've been guilty of not converting chances
No doubt they've added more discipline, but it's a trade off which has limited their attacking flair. I expect they will build well for next season, as you hope we will, but at present they pick up lots of draws.

We shouldn't really fear any team in the league based on current form (possibly, and it pains me to say it, with the exception of the RS).

Had they slipped up against Villa and drew maybe - think 4 points ahead gives us alot to do.

People forget this is still the team who can concede 2 goals in 1 minute against Newcastle and let Benteke score from a simple chance.

We are not exactly Barcelona.
You mean that team that got steamrollered by the RS?

Ancelotti is unquestionably a better, more experienced manager. But this isn't about manager vs manager. It's a team game. And they have far better than squads than we do to choose from.

How will the pressure be on Liverpool? The league is wrapped up. There's no pressure at all beyond the pressure they place on themselves to win, which is perhaps what makes them so successful anyway. They'll have one eye firmly on the other competitions now. In fact, the pressure is entirely on us. We are the team trying to get our 1st derby win in almost 10 years, we are the team with something to fight for in the league. We are the team in desperate need of 3 points there, not them.

In fact, worst case scenario if the cards fall as they could, they could yet come to Goodison either as Champions or with the potential to win the game and become Champions, then the fan pressure will massively be on us to prevent that happening / rain on their parade.

Chelsea haven't been able to add to their squad and lost their best player in the summer. Because of that they've had to place a huge emphasis on youth, bringing in players like James, CHO, Mount and Abraham who've barely kicked a ball in the Premier League before. Man United have had their best players out injured for most of the season, while also blooding several young players similar to Chelsea. That's why they are where they are.

The reason we are where we are isn't solely due to Silva. It's predominantly down to the lack of quality in our squad. If we somehow finish top 5 then i'll be delighted to revise that statement. But it says a lot that we're so close and nobody actually believes we'll do it. We've even got to play the teams around us so, some would argue, we have a very fair shout.

But it's Everton. This is what we do. If we come out of the next 4 games with any more than 4 points, i'll be gobsmacked. And 4 points won't be sufficient to get us top 5.

Those teams with allegedly far better squads have all failed to beat us.

The pressure will be on Liverpool if they are still unbeaten when they play us. They have the league wrapped up, but the last thing they'll want is to lose their chance of an unbeaten season, to us.

I'm failing to see how Many Utd can blame injuries on their woeful season. It's on their ludicrous decision to employ a manager that has no right managing a club of that stature.

Chelsea lost one key player. We lost Gana. His replacement has barely kicked a ball for us. We lost Zouma. They now have Zouma. We have virtually the same team as we did 12 months ago . Only Sidibe and Delph are new. We have also lost Gomez for a big part of the season. Chelsea not recruiting is not an excuse. It's not an excuse for us. It isn't for them.

Our squad has the quality. Those players were mismanaged by Silva. His tactics and in-game management are completely to blame for where we are in the League. The turnaround since he left has confirmed this.

Also the best managers rise to the top. It is no coincidence we are second in the form table, since Ancelotti got here.

It really does boil down to manager v manager. It's the reason Sheffield Utd are doing so well, and why Leicester are sitting in the top 3. It's why Wolves are challenging. And it's why Man Utd and Arsenal are struggling.

Silva was a disgrace. He wasn't even a manager.

They have been poor since Arteta came in

They have lost 1 game in the 8 games since he was appointed, conceding 7 goals and scoring 12, resulting in 11/24 points.

We have lost 1 game in the 8 games since Ancelotti was appointed, conceding 9 goals and scoring 14, resulting in 17/24 points

Before the Newcastle game, they've had a run of 4 draws where their performances probably deserved better, it's almost the opposite problem to us.

We were largely terrible against Watford and Palace and dug out the 3 points in both. Either way, I think the two managers have done well since coming in.

Arsenal fans are pretty happy with how he's done.

Pretty horrible fixtures over the next 6 weeks. I think we'll do ok, but also lose a couple. I think we're finishing 7th or 8th, which, after the season we've had, would be pretty remarkable.

Those teams with allegedly far better squads have all failed to beat us.

The pressure will be on Liverpool if they are still unbeaten when they play us. They have the league wrapped up, but the last thing they'll want is to lose their chance of an unbeaten season, to us.

I'm failing to see how Many Utd can blame injuries on their woeful season. It's on their ludicrous decision to employ a manager that has no right managing a club of that stature.

Chelsea lost one key player. We lost Gana. His replacement has barely kicked a ball for us. We lost Zouma. They now have Zouma. We have virtually the same team as we did 12 months ago . Only Sidibe and Delph are new. We have also lost Gomez for a big part of the season. Chelsea not recruiting is not an excuse. It's not an excuse for us. It isn't for them.

Our squad has the quality. Those players were mismanaged by Silva. His tactics and in-game management are completely to blame for where we are in the League. The turnaround since he left has confirmed this.

Also the best managers rise to the top. It is no coincidence we are second in the form table, since Ancelotti got here.

It really does boil down to manager v manager. It's the reason Sheffield Utd are doing so well, and why Leicester are sitting in the top 3. It's why Wolves are challenging. And it's why Man Utd and Arsenal are struggling.

Silva was a disgrace. He wasn't even a manager.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.