• Top 10

Votes: 315 39.8%
  • Bottom half

Votes: 47 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the spirit!

Just think Silva has left us too much to do and we would have to pull off a mad run of form which I don't think you can do with these players of ours.

Out the top 10 only teams I can see us getting above is Arsenal and maybe Wolves - Sheff Utd just keep winning games and Chelsea whilst crap always have that one Abraham inspired 3/4 nil hanmering of a team in them.

Spurs are just better and Utd are jammy.

If we win our next two I'll be alot more confident but I fear the usual loss at Emirates.

Get to the last 5 games within 3-4 points and we can do it. 13 points we will get last 5 if needed.
Let you all check the fixtures

We will take 10 points from our next four games.

Arsenal have a Europa League game on the Thursday before they play us. We murdered Man Utd 4-0 last season, with Silva in charge. Chelsea are running out of steam, so I can't see us getting beat there. We will beat Liverpool.

We are in the mix for 4th. Man Utd beating Chelsea last night was a great result for us. It showed how average Chelsea are. It's the same with Leicester - both started well, and both took their opportunity to amass the points they have - due to the bigger clubs being in turmoil. Man CIty have been poor, Arsenal and Spurs sacked their managers. We sacked ours. Thing is - It's only us that have seriously upgraded our manager.

4th is definitely on.
I think you're being a bit optimistic about the next 4 games. Having said that, 10 games ago we were 12 points off 4th, a run of games which included Chelsea&Arsenal at home and Citeh&Manure away yielding 5 points. We're now 5 points off 4th. If we get 5 or 6 points out of Arsenal, Chelsea, Manure and Satan we'll be in a strong position for top six, and maybe 4th if everyone else keeps taking points off each other. Go ed Carlo lid.

I think you're being a bit optimistic about the next 4 games. Having said that, 10 games ago we were 12 points off 4th, a run of games which included Chelsea&Arsenal at home and Citeh&Manure away yielding 5 points. We're now 5 points off 4th. If we get 5 or 6 points out of Arsenal, Chelsea, Manure and Satan we'll be in a strong position for top six, and maybe 4th if everyone else keeps taking points off each other. Go ed Carlo lid.

I see nothing to fear with regards to Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd. Their managers are no match for Ancelotti. We are not facing Wenger, Mourinho and Ferguson. It's Arteta, Lampard and Solskjaer. That's a massive plus for us. We are better than we were a few months ago. Chelsea and Man Utd have declined.

All the pressure will be on Liverpool when they play us - especially if they are still unbeaten. Klopp knows this. They are also not in the form they were in, in the first half of the season. They are not blowing teams away now.

The teams above us (apart from Liverpool, Man City, and possibly Tottenham), are above us for one reason - Silva. That's over now.

We were robbed against Tottenham, and still drew. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal couldn't beat us when we had a caretaker manager. Leicester couldn't beat us in 90 minutes either. We easily beat Wolves under Silva.

Sheffield Utd would never have beaten us with Ancelotti in charge. Neither would Norwich. We are in a false position. We should already be 4th. Our excuse is Silva. What excuse can Chelsea and Man Utd offer for such a low points tally?

I agree though - I am being optimistic, but at the same time, if the next four games were not back to back, but instead were spread over the rest of the season - would it be such a big ask?

Simple question where will we end the season?

For me with Carlo now In charge and the huge upturn in form I think we can get in to the top 4.
The rest of the teams above us arnt ripping it up. Chelsea have lost 5/6, Utd are iffy, Spurs are struggling. All the teams (except SU) all have Europe to deal with as well

To even be in the running despite our terrible start to the season is madness
You keep asking the same question and I keep answering 4th; will you please stop now.

I see nothing to fear with regards to Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd. Their managers are no match for Ancelotti. We are not facing Wenger, Mourinho and Ferguson. It's Arteta, Lampard and Solskjaer.

Ancelotti is unquestionably a better, more experienced manager. But this isn't about manager vs manager. It's a team game. And they have far better than squads than we do to choose from.

All the pressure will be on Liverpool when they play us - especially if they are still unbeaten. Klopp knows this. They are also not in the form they were in, in the first half of the season. They are not blowing teams away now.

How will the pressure be on Liverpool? The league is wrapped up. There's no pressure at all beyond the pressure they place on themselves to win, which is perhaps what makes them so successful anyway. They'll have one eye firmly on the other competitions now. In fact, the pressure is entirely on us. We are the team trying to get our 1st derby win in almost 10 years, we are the team with something to fight for in the league. We are the team in desperate need of 3 points there, not them.

In fact, worst case scenario if the cards fall as they could, they could yet come to Goodison either as Champions or with the potential to win the game and become Champions, then the fan pressure will massively be on us to prevent that happening / rain on their parade.

We are in a false position. We should already be 4th. Our excuse is Silva. What excuse can Chelsea and Man Utd offer for such a low points tally?

Chelsea haven't been able to add to their squad and lost their best player in the summer. Because of that they've had to place a huge emphasis on youth, bringing in players like James, CHO, Mount and Abraham who've barely kicked a ball in the Premier League before. Man United have had their best players out injured for most of the season, while also blooding several young players similar to Chelsea. That's why they are where they are.

The reason we are where we are isn't solely due to Silva. It's predominantly down to the lack of quality in our squad. If we somehow finish top 5 then i'll be delighted to revise that statement. But it says a lot that we're so close and nobody actually believes we'll do it. We've even got to play the teams around us so, some would argue, we have a very fair shout.

But it's Everton. This is what we do. If we come out of the next 4 games with any more than 4 points, i'll be gobsmacked. And 4 points won't be sufficient to get us top 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just think Silva has left us too much to do and we would have to pull off a mad run of form which I don't think you can do with these players of ours.

Out the top 10 only teams I can see us getting above is Arsenal and maybe Wolves - Sheff Utd just keep winning games and Chelsea whilst crap always have that one Abraham inspired 3/4 nil hanmering of a team in them.

Spurs are just better and Utd are jammy.

If we win our next two I'll be alot more confident but I fear the usual loss at Emirates.

Spurs have just lost Son for a number of weeks, in which they play Chelsea and Wolves (plus Leipzig in Champs League). With Kane already out their recent run of form may not be able to survive it.

Spurs have just lost Son for a number of weeks, in which they play Chelsea and Wolves (plus Leipzig in Champs League). With Kane already out their recent run of form may not be able to survive it.

Had they slipped up against Villa and drew maybe - think 4 points ahead gives us alot to do.

People forget this is still the team who can concede 2 goals in 1 minute against Newcastle and let Benteke score from a simple chance.

We are not exactly Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.