2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to defend Davies at times. However. two things, passing has improved (most of the time), and without sounding too erotic before breakfast. He has pair of legs on him. However, he does look off the pace of games, when he comes on and starts, maybe it's match sharpness. Indeed, don't see him currently near starting line up when clear of other player injuries excetra.

To me he’s a player that needs regular minutes. Not many midfielders can come on for a few mins end of games and immediately look up to scratch.

People need to remember since our resurgence starting at Chelsea he’s played 90 mins for most of the games. Trusted by both Dunc and Carlo and hasn’t let us down outside of Newcastle but again brought on to a warzone game where there was no time to get up to speed.

I can’t remember which game it was now where he played the deepest midfielder and thought he looked great. Has played there for England too and done well.

I don’t really buy this attacking mid position the staff keep banging on about as to me he’s just a pure centre mid. I’ve said it loads before but I think he’d be a decent right-back as well.

Attachments

• B26B02AB-EE18-4A00-BA99-46DB3391BD96.jpeg
    B26B02AB-EE18-4A00-BA99-46DB3391BD96.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 273

People like you are part of the problem Leonard. Going into town a couple of days after the derby, what sort of message does that send to the club? I haven't left the house since the last one, and I won't be leaving it until we win a trophy.

The Count of Lanolino?

To me he’s a player that needs regular minutes. Not many midfielders can come on for a few mins end of games and immediately look up to scratch.

People need to remember since our resurgence starting at Chelsea he’s played 90 mins for most of the games. Trusted by both Dunc and Carlo and hasn’t let us down outside of Newcastle but again brought on to a warzone game where there was no time to get up to speed.

I can’t remember which game it was now where he played the deepest midfielder and thought he looked great. Has played there for England too and done well.

I don’t really buy this attacking mid position the staff keep banging on about as to me he’s just a pure centre mid. I’ve said it loads before but I think he’d be a decent right-back as well.
Nothing here to disagree with, more minutes on the pitch. Certainly don't see him either as an attacking midfielder, possibly box to box, and England youth have seen him more of defensive type player.

Carlo Ancellotti:

“It’s funny, if you ask a player, ‘Who are you?’, They say, ‘I am a football player’. No, you are a man that plays football."

I don't think he has a problem with what Tom Davies or any other player wears.

And besides, if you dedicate every hour to one thing without having something to escape to, you end up like that lad Tom Davies was interviewing for EitC.
As human beings, we all need down time to be able to perform at our best levels when required.

Tom Davies is and will be, a fine player for Everton.
Let him wear what he wants and have a life beyond his day job.

Status
Not open for further replies.