2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish - it highlights the fact that he is prone to error's over a significant period of time, even if the time period is selective to drive him to the top. Same period of time he also has the second worst save % in the PL.

He is an awful keeper who makes too many errors, isnt very good at saving the ball & has OK distribution.

He is save by the odd Supersave, but if looked at properly they only look so great because his positioning is so poor, this cost him the error on Saturday.

Sell, sell, sell before the Euro's if possible.
Your first word saved me reading the rest.thanks.

I'm not bothered about his general intelligence, but I do think that he's lacking in the footballing intelligence department. We all acknowledge his brilliant reflexes.

Nevertheless, how many times have we seen him make rash decisions (come for ball... then stop etc.) and lack communication, which puts him in trouble.

Unless we spend mega money, it's one of those balancing acts because I think we'd struggle to get a better shot stopper: there aren't actually man out there.

However, would a replacement with more composure and control require less shot stopping ability because they'd be under less pressure? If that makes sense...

Hopefully he comes good, I was 26/27 before I started making better decisions in goal BUT I wasn't being coached all the time and able to think about it for a few hours a day. It's ok putting behind the mistakes quickly, but each one has to be analysed so in the same/similar scenario in future an improvement is visible.

Said it and will keep saying it,every keeper will make mistakes, but how people think they know how Pickford thinks etc and he should be doing this or that or standing here or there i dont know, there are no experts at all on here despite so many thinking they are, the keepers mentioned to replace him are mostly so bad and DO make mistakes but people just pick and choose to suit themselves to go with the rubbish they provide-any keeper we will get they will be 100% moaning sooner or later-that is a cert and some just moan about anything and everything lol

All for Everton players having some arrogance/self-belief.

There's a reason why rival clubs go all out for him - if he wasn't good, potentially very, very good - no one would care.

Hopefully he comes good, I was 26/27 before I started making better decisions in goal BUT I wasn't being coached all the time and able to think about it for a few hours a day. It's ok putting behind the mistakes quickly, but each one has to be analysed so in the same/similar scenario in future an improvement is visible.
Are those decisions not intuitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.