2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
not too worried about our home games agiasnt man utd and liverpool reckon we will give those a good go 4-6 points if we can snag a win from chelsea away or arse id be boucning

Bascombe (a red) has written on Carlo today

Only one club has collected more points than Everton since Carlo Ancelotti’s appointment. What has changed?
There is no substitute for class in the dug-out
So this was the cynical view of Carlo Ancelotti’s Everton appointment; after a decorated career managing elite clubs with mega salaries and hefty compensation packages, Ancelotti was readying himself for a prolonged holiday in the most exclusive villas when Farhad Moshiri made an offer that could not be refused.
Forget ambition or unfinished business in the Premier League, Ancelotti saw Moshiri’s millions and thought, ‘What is the worst that can happen?’
Everton, Moshiri was told, should have pursued a younger, hungrier and less expensive coach - Ancelotti a pricey risk, unsuited to a side that needed a tracksuit manager, his appointment more about image than substance.
In six weeks, Ancelotti has dismantled the preconceptions and shown why such coaches cost so much. He is brimming with enthusiasm, as motivated as any of his predecessors, and most important of all he has clarity of purpose.

The truest sign of excellence in a coach is getting more out of players, and making the work on the training ground visible on matchday. Ancelotti has achieved both so far.
There is nothing like a bit of old-fashioned 4-4-2
Ancelotti admits the recent improvement began with Duncan Ferguson’s caretaker stint and the welcome simplification of tactics. Marco Silva did not like playing two strikers. Before him, Sam Allardyce did but they spent most of the time in their own half. Ronald Koeman lost faith in the players to make any system work, while Roberto Martinez would work his way through every formation in the UEFA manual rather than play 4-4-2.
How refreshing, then, to hear one of the wisest football men of the last 20 years speak of his preference for two upfront and telling the players it is their responsibility to adapt to his vision and make it work, not the other way around. It is far from perfect, but the reason Everton are collecting more points is they are moving the ball forward quickly and creating more chances. It enables them to steal a point, or a win, in fixtures where players would previously fear the game was up once they fell behind, or suffered even the mildest setbacks.
English Premier League
TeamPPts
1Liverpool2573
2Man City2551
3Leicester2549
4Chelsea2541
5Sheff Utd2639
6Tottenham2537
7Everton2636
The exuberance of youth
Within a few training sessions, Ancelotti picked out his young players - Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison and Mason Holgate - as the foundation for Everton’s future. Calvert-Lewin has been transformed by the formation change, while Ancelotti offered his most fulsome praise for Richarlison after Saturday’s 3-1 win over Crystal Palace.“Every one of us enjoys having him at Everton because he is really a world-class player,” said Ancelotti.
“He’s young, he has to improve, he has to play with more consistency but he shows fantastic quality at counter attack, as a striker. It depends only on him.”
Ancelotti’s relaxed demeanour has been used to criticise him at previous clubs. It seems to be exactly what the Everton squad needed, as senior players have also responded to evolve a less anxious brand of football.
Players Everton fans wanted out in January, such as Morgan Schneiderlin, have been given the chance to start afresh.
Where there is trust, there is hope
Evertonians are easily aggrieved - previous managers have discovered it only needs a misplaced pass, a wasteful long ball, or a contentious selection or substitution to prompt distrust of the manager, especially when the ‘long-term plan’ continues to be plagued by inconsistency. Ancelotti’s pedigree gives him a key advantage over his predecessors. A flag acclaiming his 'Fantastico, Magnifico' genius was unveiled after a couple of home games - a deification none of the other coaches of the Moshiri era came close to. Ancelotti - a self effacing character - humbly acknowledges he has done nothing to justify such adoration yet, but his instant embracing of the culture of the club and the city - and his ability to speak the essence of scouse (albeit in an Italian twang) - means there is absolute and justified belief on the Gwladys Street they have the right man.
With hope, the mood of a club, the confidence of the players and the noise level of the supporters has an impact on the pitch as much as off it. It might fast-track Ancelotti's Everton back into Europe.

Despite difficult trips to Spurs & Wolves to come later in the season (plus a tough game at home to Leicester) I think it's fair to say that the next 4 fixtures will shape whether or not we can actually challenge for Europe.

I think we'll need to win at least one of Arsenal (a) Man Utd (h), Chelsea (a), Liverpool (h) and avoid defeat in the others. 6 points from those would be a great return in the grand scheme of things and would certainly highlight progression - but ideally we'd need more like 8 points to have a real chance of top 6.

It feels like we need that 'landmark' win somewhere. To finally turn that corner. Big test, hopefully we hit form at the right time. Europa League Football would be incredible after the 1st half of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bascombe (a red) has written on Carlo today

Only one club has collected more points than Everton since Carlo Ancelotti’s appointment. What has changed?
There is no substitute for class in the dug-out
So this was the cynical view of Carlo Ancelotti’s Everton appointment; after a decorated career managing elite clubs with mega salaries and hefty compensation packages, Ancelotti was readying himself for a prolonged holiday in the most exclusive villas when Farhad Moshiri made an offer that could not be refused.
Forget ambition or unfinished business in the Premier League, Ancelotti saw Moshiri’s millions and thought, ‘What is the worst that can happen?’
Everton, Moshiri was told, should have pursued a younger, hungrier and less expensive coach - Ancelotti a pricey risk, unsuited to a side that needed a tracksuit manager, his appointment more about image than substance.
In six weeks, Ancelotti has dismantled the preconceptions and shown why such coaches cost so much. He is brimming with enthusiasm, as motivated as any of his predecessors, and most important of all he has clarity of purpose.

The truest sign of excellence in a coach is getting more out of players, and making the work on the training ground visible on matchday. Ancelotti has achieved both so far.
There is nothing like a bit of old-fashioned 4-4-2
Ancelotti admits the recent improvement began with Duncan Ferguson’s caretaker stint and the welcome simplification of tactics. Marco Silva did not like playing two strikers. Before him, Sam Allardyce did but they spent most of the time in their own half. Ronald Koeman lost faith in the players to make any system work, while Roberto Martinez would work his way through every formation in the UEFA manual rather than play 4-4-2.
How refreshing, then, to hear one of the wisest football men of the last 20 years speak of his preference for two upfront and telling the players it is their responsibility to adapt to his vision and make it work, not the other way around. It is far from perfect, but the reason Everton are collecting more points is they are moving the ball forward quickly and creating more chances. It enables them to steal a point, or a win, in fixtures where players would previously fear the game was up once they fell behind, or suffered even the mildest setbacks.
English Premier League
TeamPPts
1Liverpool2573
2Man City2551
3Leicester2549
4Chelsea2541
5Sheff Utd2639
6Tottenham2537
7Everton2636
The exuberance of youth
Within a few training sessions, Ancelotti picked out his young players - Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison and Mason Holgate - as the foundation for Everton’s future. Calvert-Lewin has been transformed by the formation change, while Ancelotti offered his most fulsome praise for Richarlison after Saturday’s 3-1 win over Crystal Palace.“Every one of us enjoys having him at Everton because he is really a world-class player,” said Ancelotti.
“He’s young, he has to improve, he has to play with more consistency but he shows fantastic quality at counter attack, as a striker. It depends only on him.”
Ancelotti’s relaxed demeanour has been used to criticise him at previous clubs. It seems to be exactly what the Everton squad needed, as senior players have also responded to evolve a less anxious brand of football.
Players Everton fans wanted out in January, such as Morgan Schneiderlin, have been given the chance to start afresh.
Where there is trust, there is hope
Evertonians are easily aggrieved - previous managers have discovered it only needs a misplaced pass, a wasteful long ball, or a contentious selection or substitution to prompt distrust of the manager, especially when the ‘long-term plan’ continues to be plagued by inconsistency. Ancelotti’s pedigree gives him a key advantage over his predecessors. A flag acclaiming his 'Fantastico, Magnifico' genius was unveiled after a couple of home games - a deification none of the other coaches of the Moshiri era came close to. Ancelotti - a self effacing character - humbly acknowledges he has done nothing to justify such adoration yet, but his instant embracing of the culture of the club and the city - and his ability to speak the essence of scouse (albeit in an Italian twang) - means there is absolute and justified belief on the Gwladys Street they have the right man.
With hope, the mood of a club, the confidence of the players and the noise level of the supporters has an impact on the pitch as much as off it. It might fast-track Ancelotti's Everton back into Europe.
And I'm spent .

He has now applied some pressure for results towards Europe. If they respond differently to every other time there has been pressure then we really maybe onto something. I'm cautious as yet but hope to witness a change in mentality.
Yeah, as soon as the pressure comes on we bottle it. If Ancelotti has changed that, we may finally be able to progress.

Despite difficult trips to Spurs & Wolves to come later in the season (plus a tough game at home to Leicester) I think it's fair to say that the next 4 fixtures will shape whether or not we can actually challenge for Europe.

I think we'll need to win at least one of Arsenal (a) Man Utd (h), Chelsea (a), Liverpool (h) and avoid defeat in the others. 6 points from those wouldn't be a terrible return, but ideally we'd need more like 8 points to have a real chance of top 6.

Big test, hopefully we hit form at the right time. Europa League Football would be incredible after the 1st half of the season.

It’s strange. I look at those 4 fixtures and for the first time since about 1994 I don’t dread them all. if we can sneak a win on the first one our tails will be up. I’d not want to be Man U if that were the case.

It’s strange. I look at those 4 fixtures and for the first time since about 1994 I don’t dread them all. if we can sneak a win on the first one our tails will be up. I’d not want to be Man U if that were the case.
I don't think we will win any of them but I think we may do a lot better than the last time we faced the RS .

I think we'll need to win at least one of Arsenal (a) Man Utd (h), Chelsea (a), Liverpool (h) and avoid defeat in the others. 6 points from those would be a great return in the grand scheme of things and would certainly highlight progression - but ideally we'd need more like 8 points to have a real chance of top 6.

It feels like we need that 'landmark' win somewhere. To finally turn that corner. Big test, hopefully we hit form at the right time. Europa League Football would be incredible after the 1st half of the season.
Shouldn't go to arsenal or Chelsea expecting to lose considering their patchy form. Not expecting to win but hope to get something out of both. No reason why we shouldn't beat United.

No reason we can't beat United regardless tbh, they're not great. Reckon we can get something out of Arsenal too.

Shouldn't go to arsenal or Chelsea expecting to lose considering their patchy form. Not expecting to win but hope to get something out of both. No reason why we shouldn't beat United.

Arsenal, Chelsea and United still have better squads than us. They've certainly got the better players, man for man, I don't think anyone would argue that.

Form is only ever temporary with all these clubs, and we go into all three with a chance after the last couple of games, and that's the important thing.

It really depends how Carlo sets us up and IF the players turn up on the day. I think it's just as likely that we win all three that we lose all three.

The most likely outcome is probably somewhere in between. I hesitate to say I'd take 4 points from those 1st 3 right now, going into the derby.

But, given our record in the derby, it's likely we'll probably need to win two of Arsenal, Chelsea and United, prior to that game, in order to keep our chances of Europe going.

Arsenal, Chelsea and United still have better squads than us. They've certainly got the better players, man for man, I don't think anyone would argue that.

Form is only ever temporary with all these clubs, and we go into all three with a chance after the last couple of games, and that's the important thing.

It really depends how Carlo sets us up and IF the players turn up on the day. I think it's just as likely that we win all three that we lose all three.

The most likely outcome is probably somewhere in between. I hesitate to say I'd take 4 points from those 1st 3 right now, going into the derby.

But, given our record in the derby, it's likely we'll probably need to win two of Arsenal, Chelsea and United, prior to that game, in order to keep our chances of Europe going.

If United are missing a Pogba then I’d honestly expect us to beat them at home. The likes of McTominay Lingard Wan Bissaka Lindelof are no better than our first team. Pogba and Rashford are their star quality and Martial always seems to hit a worldie against us also. All three can be demotivated though if it’s not going their way. If we were on top form I’d be disappointed if we didn’t win at home.

we will need to win at least 2 of them 4 games to have a decent crack at getting into europe

arsenal are beatable

depends what united turn up, but fancy our chances at home without rashford

Chelsea are weird, boss one week awful the next

Liverpool are a far better said but they might have the league tied up by then and start concentrating on other cups

If any of us look back to early December it's hard to believe where we now sit in the league, the change in attitude on and off the pitch is remarkable by any standards. Ancelotti is quick to recognise Duncan's contribution and I'm pleased about that, he started the turnaround and I think gave our Carlo a far better start to his Everton career than if he'd come in straight after Silva.

I could be well wide of the mark but I personally think he will take his time assembling and building, maybe two or three players in the summer with a focus on building unity and an identity, this will be a 3 year project to get us competing to get into the top 4. For the first time since the 1980's I can see a real opportunity to develop a team that can grow in confidence, belief and ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.