2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Bernard would have struggled with the physicality of Watford and we needed a
More powerful operator in Iwobi
“ A more powerful operator in Owobi”? He’s frightened of his own shadow, not a bad footballer,but he has very little fight in him, a bottler, a poor signing in my opinion, maybe he’ll change under Ancelotti, doubt if he impressed him on Saturday.

Too short to play in goal, so there is only the exit door I am afraid. Of course that depends on whether Carlo can see a glimmer of real hope for him. There are several candidates in the queue for the exit door before him. It depends how many we can get shut of. He might get another wait and see year.

“ A more powerful operator in Owobi”? He’s frightened of his own shadow, not a bad footballer,but he has very little fight in him, a bottler, a poor signing in my opinion, maybe he’ll change under Ancelotti, doubt if he impressed him on Saturday.

Who’s Owobi? Yeah he’s a stronger runner Jean Bernard ...glad to know you’ve written him off already ...

Who’s Owobi? Yeah he’s a stronger runner Jean Bernard ...glad to know you’ve written him off already ...

I have my doubts about players when they pull out of 50/50 tackles, when they do it repeatedly it’s time to have a word with them, if they still pull out it’s time to pull the plug on them. I think we are up to someone having a good long talk to Iwobi.

I don't know how someone with no pace,poor passing, poor control and no finish, can get this far in football, truly baffled.

The thing is when he first burst onto the scene he looked good because the opposition didn't know anything about him, but you get half a season of that and then the opposition cotton onto you game pretty fast and if you don't take the step up then you're left still playing youth team football in the senior squad. It has been a problem with a lot of our young players, so Davies isn't special in that regard. He's ordinary and needs to work much harder on his game, but honestly, I don't think he's got the internal drive to do so and will slip out the back for for £2m to Chesterfield next summer.

He’s been playing in the first team for years.

He’s failed already dismally in the europa.

Astounding how people are suggesting he is still inexperienced and may have a role to play at Prem level.

He will have to improve his physique and mental strength to be plying his trade in the championship in 3 years time.

81 appearances for Everton and people wonder why we have been underperforming for years.

56 caps at all levels for England.

It’s not his fault. Manager after manager has allowed him around the first team. He simply isn’t good enough and I hope Ancelloti leaving him out of the squad last weekend is permenant.

I have yet to meet even his most ardent fan who can describe one attribute he is good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.