January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the difference we have here is I don't see the point of delaying his development for 4 months to have him as emergency cover for a nothing season.

what if he is going to be more than emergency cover, what if he gets regular minutes here and there, that would be better being in and around our first team, if the plan next season is to have him in there regularly as a full first team player

I'm not talking about loaning them out, I'm talking about playing them in your own team

If they look like they can do a job and the incumbent player is wank then I see no reason not to give them a shot
Well yes that I agree with. The obvious answer would be that our manager and coaches clearly don't think Gordon should be starting at the moment, and if they ever do, then he will.

what if he is going to be more than emergency cover, what if he gets regular minutes here and there, that would be better being in and around our first team, if the plan next season is to have him in there regularly as a full first team player
That would be great. I'll believe it when I see it.

The difference is that I don't see four months having a massive impact on his development when he's going to be getting some time with us anyway.
The key is how much some game time ends up being. If he starts 3-5 games and is off the bench in 3-5 more than we are good. If it's 3 ten minute sub appearances that's less good and not enough to justify saying no to a loan.

The issue is there is a limit to how much you can get rid of in one window. I mean I am sure there are time constrains on Brands et al at the very least. More pertinent though is the issue that very few teams will want our players. We have paid big wages to attract people here, and players have then shown disappointing form. Had we been where Leicester are, and regularly around the top 4/5/6 then some of our lesser players may have attracted some interest. However most of the league will be looking at our players, and our league positioning and thinking our bets players are no better than theirs, never mind our caste offs (who will still be now ages above many of their players).

So it's difficult. It requires compromise all ways round. One of them is that Ancelotti will have to work with people who he may not ideally want in the medium term. Partly to try and make them more marketable.

I do think as fans we have to see the bigger picture a little more too. I mean Scheniderlin was excellent against Newcastle. This isn't a player that can be lumped in with Niasse or Martina. He is inconsistent, in truth probably unprofessional and not the sort of character we want associated to the football club, but can he do a job in the short term? Probably. That will be whats set out to Ancelotti.

It's slowly improving. Hopefully Tosun does something at Palace that makes them want to keep him on as well.

There's no easy solutions though. We have tied ourselves up in knots with poor recruitment. While I think FFP laws are a disgrace, and can be navigated, you have to at least pay some sort of lip service to them. So I can understand Brands's caution in the January windows. It's not like we haven't been busy and signed players in the summer.

If im not wrong, our deadwood will almost all be gone in 2021 aside from Tosun, Sigurdsson, Delph and perhaps one or two others.

This summer needs to be full of sales/loans to get these players all off the books at low fees before their contracts expire...anything we can on the right side of FFP.

We really need to have a really great window in terms of sales and bringing in 3 or 4 very good players.

Think a number of people just need to step back and look at the bigger picture for once. It's all too reactionary around here.

Both Marcel Brands and Carlo Ancelotti know far more about football, and the business of it, then any member of Grand Old Team forums. Let's just leave them to it, ey?

For what it's worth - Ancelotti is correct when he says that, for now, the squad is fine. We'll be right were we deserve to be at the end of the season and that's really the long and short of it. The summer is when we can, once again, get another bit of a rebuild underway should it be strictly necessary.

Chill out, people.
i am not sure about that
Lads on here have over 2000 hrs on FIFA

If im not wrong, our deadwood will almost all be gone in 2021 aside from Tosun, Sigurdsson, Delph and perhaps one or two others.

This summer needs to be full of sales/loans to get these players all off the books at low fees before their contracts expire...anything we can on the right side of FFP.

We really need to have a really great window in terms of sales and bringing in 3 or 4 very good players.
I reckon he might get sold in the summer tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.