January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti pretty much confirming that, unless something significant comes up last minute, no incomings.

Be nice when the window shuts really. Gets people so wound up on the internet I'm telling ya.

We are four points off Europe despite being that crap. By rights the season should be over, but it technically isn't.

If the club had ambition, they'd go for it. I'm not saying by bringing in 5+ and spending stupid money, but I expected a centre-mid bare minimum as a blind person can see it's not good enough, and possibly a wide attacker.

To do nothing and actually weaken the team this window is abysmal. I'm not buying FFP as the reason - even if it were, you'd expect Brands to do his job and offload Niasse and Martina well before now. He managed it with Tosun easily enough, it's not impossible to find buyers or loans for these players, even if you have to cover a portion of the wage.

I find the defence of Brands here bizarre. I'd get it if we were 10 points adrift of Europe and relegation, complete no man's land, but we're not. We're 4 points off Europe and miraculously in better form over the last six games than all but one of the teams above us from 5th down. Yet he's done absolutely nothing to push us on.
Perhaps they believe they have just as much chance of making Europe this year with the current squad as the chances of making it with 1 or 2 expensive additions. I think thats the calculation they have to make. don't think its about writing off the season other than noting that we cant win any of the 3 major trophies we were taking part in for 2019/20 season.

Think a number of people just need to step back and look at the bigger picture for once. It's all too reactionary around here.

Both Marcel Brands and Carlo Ancelotti know far more about football, and the business of it, then any member of Grand Old Team forums. Let's just leave them to it, ey?

For what it's worth - Ancelotti is correct when he says that, for now, the squad is fine. We'll be right were we deserve to be at the end of the season and that's really the long and short of it. The summer is when we can, once again, get another bit of a rebuild underway should it be strictly necessary.

Chill out, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.