January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said from the outset i'm not really fussed whether we bring in anyone in this window so i'm not saying this as a complaint, but the idea that you can't get good players in January is just dead weird. It's one of them factoids that people just repeat without ever actually looking in to. There've been loads of good January signings over the years, both by us and by everyone else.

Ronaldo Vieira??

Have actually played against this lad before in Leeds. A couple of mates of mine stayed with him in Genova for most of the Summer. Nice lad by all accounts but nowhere near good enough for Everton's midfield.

Would be a decent squad player but you'd want more than that for what he'd cost (circa EUR20mil).

West Ham not signing him either they're getting in Czech midfielder, Tomas Soucek.

Koeman has set this club back about 8 years no joke. Will have taken 5 years by the time we get rid of most of his wasters and even then we’d probably need a few years to restock the squad how we need it. He absolutely destroyed us.
I don’t remember anybody complaining on here when we were signing the Ajax captain, Keane, Pickford etc in his second season after getting us back into Europe in his first season.

true he signed some garbage, like Martina and Sandro, but so does every manager. We are still stuck with Niasse and Besic on the books from the manager before him.

As if it’s all down to Koeman!

I don’t remember anybody complaining on here when we were signing the Ajax captain, Keane, Pickford etc in his second season after getting us back into Europe in his first season.

true he signed some garbage, like Martina and Sandro, but so does every manager. We are still stuck with Niasse and Besic on the books from the manager before him.

As if it’s all down to Koeman!

Martinez bought rubbish but in the main it was at low cost and low wages. It was more than made up for with the sale of Lukaku as well.

Koeman has lumbered us with players on massive long contracts and sky high wages. Klaasen Bolasie Schneiderlin Siggurdson Keane. Allardyce completed the job with Tosun and Walcott.

We can’t shift any of these players now (Klaasen aside) and we’ll suffer massive losses on all of them. In retrospect we didn’t have much of a problem moving on Martinez’s flood with even the likes of Mori Cleverley McCarthy etc. finding clubs because they were low wage and low value.

Depends how close to fitness Gbamin is. If it’s not close, then we need to bring in a midfielder. Also a risk letting Feeney and Gibson out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.