January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with waiting til the summer. We have players out of contract, prices tend to be better and there's better availability. We aren't going down either. This seems slightly too sensible to be Everton tbh.

I think this is bad. The whole league is wide open and a couple of signings could make the difference between 16th and 5th.

I was worried when ancelotti said he’d wait until Jan 5 to sit down with brands.

our midfield is just so bad. Davies, Delph, Morgan are absolutely terrible. Even villa have grealish and McGinn.

missed opportunity this is.

I think this is bad. The whole league is wide open and a couple of signings could make the difference between 16th and 5th.

I was worried when ancelotti said he’d wait until Jan 5 to sit down with brands.

our midfield is just so bad. Davies, Delph, Morgan are absolutely terrible. Even villa have grealish and McGinn.

missed opportunity this is.
This is just fantasy thinking imo, People think all we need is a couple of signings and we'll waltz to Europa places. Buying in Jan landed us with.........Tosun and Walcott last time two players we want off the wage bill, What if the signings don't settle? What if they turn out to be garbage? We'll have just overpaid for players again, We should have definitely explored the loan market though but it's gonna be hard to find a player who just turns our midfield into something respectable.

Although I’d love Rodriguez on one of those dodgy 18-24 month loans, I think we will end up buying Vecino permanently with Niasse & Martina being binned off anywhere.

Would love to get another off the wage bill but unlikely this month

I take it that the FFP excuse will be trotted out again in the summer, seeing as though Niasse is the only big earner whose contract is up.

A lot of clubs seem to put a competitive team together and then worry about sanctions down the line, and it's laughable to think that this squad, with virtually no Champions League-level players at present, is going to get anywhere by making one or two revenue-funded additions.

I'll happily hold my hands up in the summer if we see serious movement in and out, but my gut feeling is that we're back to being strung along by a board that doesn't want to admit what its true ambitions are.

Although I’d love Rodriguez on one of those dodgy 18-24 month loans, I think we will end up buying Vecino permanently with Niasse & Martina being binned off anywhere.

Would love to get another off the wage bill but unlikely this month

The only way those two are off the wage bill by Saturday is if Ussy organises a boat trip for them.

Linked with some guy called Ronaldo Viera 21 year old midfielder according to the echo likely nonsense but what a name

According to a report from Italian media outlet TELENORD, West Ham are ready to offer €20 million (£17 million) for Sampdoria midfielder Ronaldo Vieira.

The Hammers are desperately short in the central midfield department. And reliable West Ham insider ExWHUemployee claimed last week on the West Ham Way podcast that the Hammers have identified Vieira as a potential solution to their central midfield woes.

Burnley enquire about Sampdoria midfielder Ronaldo Vieira after West Ham had £12m bid rejected
  • Burnley have made an enquiry about a possible move for Ronaldo Vieira
  • The former Leeds midfielder has been impressive for Sampdoria this season
  • West Ham made an offer of £12million for Vieira last week but it was rejected
The home-grown factor again at play, he spent 3 years with Leeds, and has played for England u-21s.

Status
Not open for further replies.