January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd have to play a 3 in midfield for him to fit. If we are planning on keeping this formation he would take Bernard's spot and as much as Evertonians seem to love Bernard, that's an easy change to make.

I'd offer silly money in the summer. He's one of the few players at a poor club that is the right age to come in and be a game changer for us for 5-10 years. I just think the way he's playing now we will be far for the best team in for him. I said in the world football forum earlier that he could replace David Silva for City and I truly believe they could do a lot worse than signing him up.

Played mainly on the right tonight, so not sure how hes taking Bernies place on the left.

Nice try tho.

I get why he says that but I would hope that if a special player signing meant breaking that rule he would do it.

VVD is the same player he was at Celtic and Grealish is the same player he was 3 years ago. They are just doing it on a different stage. Brands was brought in to sign young players, and I assume, improve our finances through profits on sales. We cannot be spending £60m on Grealish, it makes us much sense as spending £45m on Sigurdsson.

VVD is the same player he was at Celtic and Grealish is the same player he was 3 years ago. They are just doing it on a different stage. Brands was brought in to sign young players, and I assume, improve our finances through profits on sales. We cannot be spending £60m on Grealish, it makes us much sense as spending £45m on Sigurdsson.
I think it makes way way more sense. In fact the spending 45m on Sigurdsson and up to 50m on Richarlison makes 60m for Grealish feel very palatable to me.

Brands has already said we can't sign £60m players. The time to sign the likes of Maddison and Grealish was 3/4 years ago.

Brands can say whatever he likes publicly to try to convince other sides of our reserve price on transfer fees. But that's self-interested cheap talk that shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone observing it, including other clubs.

I'd be more concerned about the wages other clubs might offer than the fee. With Matic coming off the books and Pogba's status uncertain, I can see Woodward throwing Mata or even Maguire money at him to secure his signature. I can't see us doing that.

When we need one or two players to get that last step of quality, fine. But we need 4 or 5 players. That would be dumb.
But that's not happening in one window anyway. Which is why if we did something like Grealish, CM, CB and maybe a loan or two to fill out the squad at RB/LB and RW next summer and then focused on finishing it off the following year I could definitely get behind it.

Grealish would be 26, DCL and Richarlison 24, Kean 21, Kenny (if we think he's good) 24, Holgate 25, Mina and Gomes 28, Digne 26. Even Bernard would just be hitting 30. Add in whatever the other signings are and unless we do something dumb like sign an average 28 year old central midfielder we could be set.

Ll
But that's not happening in one window anyway. Which is why if we did something like Grealish, CM, CB and maybe a loan or two to fill out the squad at RB/LB and RW next summer and then focused on finishing it off the following year I could definitely get behind it.

Grealish would be 26, DCL and Richarlison 24, Kean 21, Kenny (if we think he's good) 24, Holgate 25, Mina and Gomes 28, Digne 26. Even Bernard would just be hitting 30. Add in whatever the other signings are and unless we do something dumb like sign an average 28 year old central midfielder we could be set.
Or just sign 3 or 4 players in the summer and be even better.

Ll

Or just sign 3 or 4 players in the summer and be even better.
I believe in addition to building a solid core we are going to need that one special talent somewhere. Maybe DCL or Richarlison are that guy but at some point the last step is going to be getting that one player who wins you 4 or 5 extra games on his own. To me stepping a little outside our means to do it is reasonable even if it slows the core building for a year. Every great team has that guy.

I believe in addition to building a solid core we are going to need that one special talent somewhere. Maybe DCL or Richarlison are that guy but at some point the last step is going to be getting that one player who wins you 4 or 5 extra games on his own. To me stepping a little outside our means to do it is reasonable even if it slows the core building for a year. Every great team has that guy.

But I dont think Grealish is THAT player.

Hes improving all the time, but hes not top drawer and you should only break the bank for top, top drawer players.

I think it makes way way more sense. In fact the spending 45m on Sigurdsson and up to 50m on Richarlison makes 60m for Grealish feel very palatable to me.

I dont understand this, why label Richarlison and Iceland in the same bracket?

1 has had 1 reasonably good season in 3 and is now worth about 20p, the other has 2 very good seasons has improved massively and is potential worth double his fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.