January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack grealish is absolutely superb, he'll go to United or Chelsea I reckon
Where’s his best position? Number 10? Midfielder in a 3? Wide? Could he play in 442. Not saying he would come to us. But Utd just spending 50mil on an attacking midfielder and have been linked more with Maddison.

And Chelsea have a couple of young wide players and 3 very attack minded midfielders.

Doubt he would go to city & Liverpool as he wouldn’t be guaranteed games. Arsenal haven’t got any money. And spurs are also stocked with attacking midfielders & wide players.

Where’s his best position? Number 10? Midfielder in a 3? Wide? Could he play in 442. Not saying he would come to us. But Utd just spending 50mil on an attacking midfielder and have been linked more with Maddison.

And Chelsea have a couple of young wide players and 3 very attack minded midfielders.

Doubt he would go to city & Liverpool as he wouldn’t be guaranteed games. Arsenal haven’t got any money. And spurs are also stocked with attacking midfielders & wide players.
I pray you wear slip on shoes

It depends on the right players being available doesn't it.

I mean I don't see a whole midfield needing to be replaced. Bernard is secure, Iwobi will get a go off the right and has done well. In the middle we have Gomes and Gbamin to return. If there's a player of quality in the middle we should make a move, but if not then we need to keep searching.

I'd also keep Sidibe, I think he's done really well for us, but I appreciate he doesn't appear to be everyones cup of tea.

Yeah I agree we shouldn’t just sign anyone and that it has to be the right player but Gomes , although talented hasn’t always performed consistently and doesn’t have any goals or assists in him. Gbamin is a complete unknown and again doesn’t have goals or Astor’s in him from what I know. Iwobi works hard but again lacks goals and Davies can be filed in the same category. Delph is injury prone and again doesn’t offer much at either end of the pitch imo , Bernie I like and Think with similar players to himself he could perform at a higher level. Walcott and Morgan need binning , both on high wages and don’t contribute. The whole midfield with the exception of Theo and Bernie are to slow and the midfield as a collective lacks pace, power, goals, creativity, fight, leadership and composure on the ball. The only ones I think should be kept on or at least appearing in the first team are Bernie , Gomes ( who knows after his injury) and Gbamin ( and we have no idea if he’s good enough or how he will recover)

Hate to break this awful news to you but we’re 4 points off a potential Europa league spot explain to me how this season is over
The same was said to me a few weeks ago when we where in both cups, now we are out of both cups and “where also a few points of CL” apparently before we collapsed against Newcastle.

Please stop assuming this squad of Everton players have the capacity to achieve anything because you are in for a big letdown.

Grealish is 100% the type of midfielder we need - a player who can get on the ball and travel 30-40 yards and pick a pass.

Gomes, of course, has shown he can be that player in the past, but will still be a fair way off despite some light training, and doesn't offer as much in the final third as Grealish.

He won't be leaving Villa until the end of the season at least, maybe longer if they stay up, but there's no reason why we shouldn't be in for him or couldn't expect to get him, purely because we have the calibre of manager here now which attracts players.

However, we also need to be looking at other players out there who can do that job.

We lack that in our midfield massively.

Grealish is 100% the type of midfielder we need - a player who can get on the ball and travel 30-40 yards and pick a pass.

Gomes, of course, has shown he can be that player in the past, but will still be a fair way off despite some light training, and doesn't offer as much in the final third as Grealish.

He won't be leaving Villa until the end of the season at least, maybe longer if they stay up, but there's no reason why we shouldn't be in for him or couldn't expect to get him, purely because we have the calibre of manager here now which attracts players.

However, we also need to be looking at other players out there who can do that job.

We lack that in our midfield massively.
We'd have to play a 3 in midfield for him to fit. If we are planning on keeping this formation he would take Bernard's spot and as much as Evertonians seem to love Bernard, that's an easy change to make.

I'd offer silly money in the summer. He's one of the few players at a poor club that is the right age to come in and be a game changer for us for 5-10 years. I just think the way he's playing now we will be far for the best team in for him. I said in the world football forum earlier that he could replace David Silva for City and I truly believe they could do a lot worse than signing him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.