January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte just wants some full backs he trusts for depth. The inter first team is excellent. Lautaro Martinez and Lukaku are exceptional. Sensi has been awesome. Brozovic too. Now Eriksen.
The best inter have been since the mourinho treble. Juve are just an unstoppable machine for now.
Don't like vecino myself. But Ancelotti knows all .
Why do you not like Vecino ? He seems exactly like the kind of player I expected Carlo to want. Experienced does a bit of everything solid dependable midfielder who knows the Italian football style,understands what the manager wants, invites the players around for Sunday pasta etc. I thought he would like a defender in the same mould, but maybe he thinks Coleman is that player. These kind of players used to be a very common part of successful Italian club sides.

It did seem a very Italian club side thing when I watched Italian football like 5 years ago for the top team to have these kind of players around the first 16. There doesn't seem to be an English equivalent to Italian caporegime

Any 'kin chance he with these signings?

If Jug Head sits this one out there'll be murder.
How many of the signings Everton have made under Brands do you think are down to him? For me it is like Kean and Gbamin that is it. All the other signings were by the manager, you do not need a director of football to be signing Barcelona, Arsenal and Brazilian international players.

You seem to have this idea that all these signings were anything but players Silva wanted. Silva got sacked after like ten games into the season, you can not sell the concept to a manager in that position that Everton should be buying Jesus for 25 million and 3 unproven young players and thats the summer spend. As long as the manager has a say on transfers and they are always going too. They will want proven Barcelona, Arsenal and Brazilian international players, when they are 10 games away from being sacked,

This is going to be the same under Carlo, I'm sure Carlo does not want Everton to buy Jesus and 4 unproven players in the summer. Everton are not telling Carlo in the summer these are the 5 young players you get, get on with it lid. What players Brands recommends does not matter Everton have not been signing these players.

Any 'kin chance he with these signings?

If Jug Head sits this one out there'll be murder.
Found him, bit busy atm

Just read that story battle of goodison park. Mad reading. Bremner and Collins did 2 everton players and Johnny Morrissey did Jack Charlton all in the first 4 minutes ha. Must be why Johnny was in his black book. Says this carried on for 40 minutes then a lad got on the pitch to do Billy bremner but was restrained by Morrissey. Sandy brown got sent off. Gary Sprake had missiles raining down on him and every time the ref or the Leeds players went near the touch line a barrage of missiles hit them. Ref took them off the pitch to calm things down. Goes on to say after the game a large group of Everton fans were congregated outside the ground. The Leeds coach was bricked but they were really waiting for the ref who on police advice stayed at the ground for several hours. And I thought throwing cushions on the pitch was bad in the 70s!
I was there too the missiles being thrown onto the pitch were free samples of a gentleman's hairdressing product called 'Score', which had been given away outside the ground. They came in very handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.