January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes got loads right...even named Ancelottis backroom staff and said who was in talks when.

Not thrilled about this Vecino link...makes no sense.

Everton Soares though :)

What does it say?
Important shot onEverton night for Matias Vecino. Three weeks ago the English club were strong on the Uruguayan midfielder but at the timeInter did not deal with the transfer. Now the Toffees are back firmly on Vecino: in the last few minutes there have been new contacts between the parties, the Nerazzurri do not want to sell him on loan with the right to buy, you have to find the square on the numbers, but there are margins and openings for a deal that could go into port in the last days of the market.

Not brilliant translation, but you get the gist.

Yeah but that will only be triggered by our finish next season, not this season, I think?

Nah it’s kicks in the 19/20 season mate, this season.

Swissramble has done a great graph on the increases and how much each club would earn this season when the deal kicks in, if they finished in same positions as last season.

You can see why it’s important to finish as high up the league as we can, puts into context conceding two injury time goals, to turn a victory into a draw doesn’t it.

ECCC4032-C2F8-4098-A8C7-8D38E01358B1.jpeg

Last edited:

Swissramble has done a great graph on the increases and how much each club would earn this season when the deal kicks in, if they finished in same positions as last season.

You can see why it’s important to finish as high up the league as we can, puts into context conceding two injury time goals to turn a victory into a draw doesn’t it.

View attachment 77517
The thing with all this is we have enough money don't matter where we finish so long as we know what we are doing. The bonus for finishing higher is nice, but not getting it doesn't prohibit us from doing good business.

The thing with all this is we have enough money don't matter where we finish so long as we know what we are doing. The bonus for finishing higher is nice, but not getting it doesn't prohibit us from doing good business.

I’d probably disagree with you there mate, we need every red cent we can coming into the business.

I also think it’s the business plan, the club needs to be making its own money, especially this “type” of income.

I’d probably disagree with you there mate, we need every red cent we can coming into the business.

I also think it’s the business plan, the club needs to be making its own money, especially this “type” of income.
It's a balancing act between chasing every single point and trying to set the team up for longer term success. We historically have not found the correct balance.

It's a balancing act between chasing every single point and trying to set the team up for longer term success. We historically have not found the correct balance.

Not sure I agree with the setting things up for the long term, I think that’s what we try to do, we’re just [Poor language removed] at it.

I don’t see hidden gems lying around to get my heart racing either, give a couple of emerging players minutes, but I just don’t think there is a Matic formula to be struck that going to push us to CL next season, to be discover in the next 4 months.

We’re doing alright at the moment results and performance wise. Think this is the height of it.

I would like allan from napoli i kno is 29 but is a good player and could help develop gomes and gbamin and give us quality straight away also everton at the right price could be worth the risk has been compared to robben as a direct winger

I would like allan from napoli i kno is 29 but is a good player and could help develop gomes and gbamin and give us quality straight away also everton at the right price could be worth the risk has been compared to robben as a direct winger

I dont think you have the right player.

Allan is a CM/DM from what im aware.

I read 40mil. I do think Ancelotti will want at least 2 players of that sort age who walk into this team.

Never seen him play but if he’s the man Carlo wants 40m isn’t that much for such a crucial position in any team , never mind ours that has no quality there at all. He would have 3-4 seasons in him and for 40m that’s not really much money at all when you consider how much Morgan cost and the amount of games and impact he has had. That’s not even going into bolasie , niasse , tuson, Walcott , sandro etc

You can see why it’s important to finish as high up the league as we can, puts into context conceding two injury time goals, to turn a victory into a draw doesn’t it.
Yeah, based on that and what we would make in Europa, at a minimum the difference between 6th and 8th is 36 million. Thats massive.

Vecino wouldn't be bad. I don't think he helps as much as another creative midfielder, but he gives much better cover for the backline than a Schneiderlin or Davies.

Not sure I agree with the setting things up for the long term, I think that’s what we try to do, we’re just [Poor language removed] at it.

I don’t see hidden gems lying around to get my heart racing either, give a couple of emerging players minutes, but I just don’t think there is a Matic formula to be struck that going to push us to CL next season, to be discover in the next 4 months.

We’re doing alright at the moment results and performance wise. Think this is the height of it.
I think since Moshiri's taken over there's been some degree of trying to chase the quick fix. It was at it's worse under Koeman and Walsh and even now I don't think it is totally gone but Brands keeps it in check. If Carlo is going to be the man to get us CL the best sign will be continuing improvement over the rest of this and next season. The key for me is going to be his second full season as that is where our managers fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.