January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone's made up source always have to be so vague?

It always amazes me how these sources only ever pop up during the transfer windows.

It's strange how they can be so close to brands inner circle to know detailed information about transfers but know sod all throughout the rest of the season.

Even though brands has his targets sorted months in advance but yet they don't know about the targets untill they've been linked in the papers.

Something I've just always thought was weird is all:dodgy:

Negative on both of those

Carlo Ancelotti was the Chelsea manager, holding court in a favourite Italian restaurant, when he insisted he had seen a player he was sure would make it all the way from the youth ranks to the first team.

A hush descended and the table groaned as a dozen well-fed football reporters leaned forward, pencils poised. How you spelling that Carlo?

Ancelotti urged patience. Nathaniel Chalobah must have the time to develop, he pleaded, although his secret was out when he named the 15-year-old among the substitutes for a League Cup tie against Newcastle.

'He just took a liking to me,' said Chalobah, eight years on. 'He called me into the first team for training and gave me the opportunity to be around those players and to learn. I'm grateful to him."

Carlo Ancelotti was the Chelsea manager, holding court in a favourite Italian restaurant, when he insisted he had seen a player he was sure would make it all the way from the youth ranks to the first team.

A hush descended and the table groaned as a dozen well-fed football reporters leaned forward, pencils poised. How you spelling that Carlo?

Ancelotti urged patience. Nathaniel Chalobah must have the time to develop, he pleaded, although his secret was out when he named the 15-year-old among the substitutes for a League Cup tie against Newcastle.

'He just took a liking to me,' said Chalobah, eight years on. 'He called me into the first team for training and gave me the opportunity to be around those players and to learn. I'm grateful to him."
It's been a decade. A lot has happened and Chalobah becoming a top player is not a thing that has.

It's been a decade. A lot has happened and Chalobah becoming a top player is not a thing that has.

He still has time to become a 'top' player. Generally players are only considered 'top' if they are at the top of the league. Schneiderlin was a total nobody until Southampton started finishing in the top 6/7. I think Ward-Prowse, who would cost probably double that of Chalobah, and Chalobah, would offer more than both Schneiderlin & Davies, and Sigurdsson is no central midfielder either.

He still has time to become a 'top' player. Generally players are only considered 'top' if they are at the top of the league. Schneiderlin was a total nobody until Southampton started finishing in the top 6/7. I think Ward-Prowse, who would cost probably double that of Chalobah, and Chalobah, would offer more than both Schneiderlin & Davies, and Sigurdsson is no central midfielder either.
Ward-Prowse is a nothing player. He takes every free kick for Saints. That's the extent of his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.