Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol lol lol I bet you were NOT
Given you an extra month for us to get good lol
E974A312-E127-4DCB-ACB9-8412683BECFE.jpeg

Bernard and Digne ended up with assists so on the surface it seems like they did their part. I completely disagree. The amount of space they found in the first 70 minutes should have been exploited to far greater effect, and their inability to do so is why Newcastle even had a prayer at the end. Kean and DCL took the two real chances presented to them but the amount of balls played aimlessly into bad areas or easily cut out by defenders was shameful.

We basically created 4 big chances: the goals, Bernard's miss and Mina's missed header. The two misses were created by Walcott who had a far harder time finding the amount of space that Bernard and Digne found. We can't keep having them do this. All the ability in the world means nothing if you piss it away every time you find good space in the final third.
Digne's crossing and passing was particularly poor today, with many balls aimlessly put into the box and almost certainly finding a Newcastle player.

What was it then?

Not scapegoating at all in my opinion. We dominated and played decent football. We removed the players pegging them back and allowed them to push onto us. That’s how I seen it.
football is a team game. it's definitely a ton of bad luck, but the guys on the pitch are all culpable, and each of them could have done something to prevent the goal.

Well done Newcastle. They saw the opportunity to get something from the game and went for it. Like I said in an early post in this thread:

Let's get ready to crumble!...

...We can be quite fragile and easily bullied, the best way to get something from the game would be to just have a go at us.

But look on the bright side... had there been five minutes added time, we would have lost 2-3. Every cloud ;)

We played some really good football, and had the game won, but lacked the mentality to stay focused until the final whistle and see the game out. In fact, we noticeably start to ease up soon after DCL scores. If you're not professional enough as a unit to do what needs to be done right to the bitter end, then you deserve what you get.

Thought Moise Kean was MotM tonight. There were a few contenders but Kean really upped his game against Newcastle and played very well.

We played some lovely stuff tonight and but for 2 crazy minutes, we would all have been very happy. Ancelotti has improved this lot by miles in a week.

schneiderlin looked like a player!

hats off to Kean, he gave everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.