January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I think 6th and 7th should get spots in Europa not cup winners.

Team could win the cup and get relegated in theory, where as the best performing teams of the season should represent the country in European competitions
Wigan under Martinez are the only team ever to win the FA cup and get relegated and following that season we signed him, there could be a few that won the league Cup and went down.

Sorry, but I have to side with the anti-Dunk squad. Even on the limited bit of the game shown on Sky, he was slaughtered by our less than world class forwards about 5 times. Apart from the obvious penalty, Dunk's only ploy was to grab our players as they strolled past him. Should have been booked about 3 times (despite 3 being impossible). Not at all a good player on that showing.
He's not even linked with us, I was just responding to another poster's suggestion. I think he's alright, he wasn't great yesterday but I've seen him play pretty well in the past, I'm not especially pro or anti-Dunk, we won't be signing him, he would almost certainly be poor value if we did want to sign him.

LOL it was about 18 inches from him and about to miss him entirely, the only part of his body he could reach it with in that moment was the top of his arm shoulder, he was unlucky. To call him stupid for that is so typical ev.
You don't think he could have connected with the ball with any other part of his body, we disagree there anyway, he could have in my opinion.

'typical ev', what ?

Dunk is a player who is very comfortable defending the penalty spot but useless when he's asked to a play a high line. File under Keane, Michael.

Perfect comparison, in fact Id say Keane is probably better than any of Brighton or Burnleys centre backs.

I think there would be a lot of clubs at the mid-low end of the table who would buy Keane for £20mil+ but the problem we have his his wages are so high.

Perfect comparison, in fact Id say Keane is probably better than any of Brighton or Burnleys centre backs.

I think there would be a lot of clubs at the mid-low end of the table who would buy Keane for £20mil+ but the problem we have his his wages are so high.
Agreed. Keane is get for teams who want to sit back and defend balls in to the box. Not for a team that wants to play out of the back with a high line

Agreed. Keane is get for teams who want to sit back and defend balls in to the box. Not for a team that wants to play out of the back with a high line
I'm still of the option that Keane is our best defender, while he has the right partner, he needs someone with a bit of pace along with him, he and Zouma had a partnership that was starting to look very good towards the end of last season.

Nar, Keanes wages are pretty low compared to his team mates.

Hes Homegrown, we wont have an issue if we ever offload Keane, but doubt he will be going anywhere any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.