January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's up top because he is good at scoring goals

So by your theory if Kean was any good DCL would be on the bench?

If Richarlison was seen as being a CF Brands wouldn't have shelled £27 million out on Kean and instead would have signed another wide player considering we only have Walcott, Bernard and Iwobi.

If Richarlison was seen as being a CF Brands wouldn't have shelled £27 million out on Kean and instead would have signed another wide player considering we only have Walcott, Bernard and Iwobi.
Yes if Kean was playing better than DCL he would be starting.

And you have done a very good job of making my point that striker is less important than other positions by listing our wide options.

Keep seeing we need a striker I agree but not till summer we have a striker who comes alive in the box already what we want is better quality from wide Richarlison will get 20 this season imo

Maybe Carlo sees Richarlison as a cf

Although Brighton are quite a poor outfit I was impressed with how they defended yesterday especially putting bodies in front of the ball. Duffy is a big beast and a nasty one with it, I believe all teams need that type of defender but for a more classier defender would Dunk be worth a look at? He’s been premier league for a few years now and I think has had England call ups.
I suspect Brighton would want a big fee for him but I think Dunk would be a good if unglamorous signing. Would probably be too pricey for any deal to make sense though.

I suspect Brighton would want a big fee for him but I think Dunk would be a good if unglamorous signing. Would probably be too pricey for any deal to make sense though.
No point buying from another PL side prices are about 50% higher when English clubs are buying or selling to each other. Miles better for alot less out the.

I like being it, it's something new but they should certainly reduce the amount of games and more importantly remove CL teams from it entirely.

I'm also against receiving a Europa spot for winning a cup, think it should be for 6th and 7th because what are teams say from 13th to 6th competing for

Silverware, history and good prize money should be the reward for that cup imo

Unfortunately it's the champions league teams dropping into it that gives it it's appeal to the wider audience of the world and thus makes it a more marketable prospect. Which in turn makes the prize money go up.

I suppose you could reduce the prize money for champions league teams that drop down into the competition. Seeing as by qualifying for the group stages in the champions leauge they already earn more then if they won the Europa leauge.

Christ on a bike. The bloke turns slower than Keane. He was burned by DCL and Richarlison yesterday. Whilst not the slowest neither of them are explosive. Keep well away. Garbage

Sorry, but I have to side with the anti-Dunk squad. Even on the limited bit of the game shown on Sky, he was slaughtered by our less than world class forwards about 5 times. Apart from the obvious penalty, Dunk's only ploy was to grab our players as they strolled past him. Should have been booked about 3 times (despite 3 being impossible). Not at all a good player on that showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.