Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite like this.

It’s all about distribution, Nike, puma and Adidas have their own global retail In addition to club shops covering all corners of the globe. Having Umbro, Hummel etc is the opposite with a weak supply chain, fulfilment and distribution. It might look great and be nostalgic but we will make f-all cash out of it.

I had a pair of Hummel boots back in the 70s and they lasted longer than any other brand I had worn - including Adidas and Puma. I played Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings and most seasons I would wear a hole in the instep of my boots through the muddy and rutted pitches, but the Hummels never wore out.

Rumoured to be taking over after the Umbro deal runs out. What do people think of the kits??

Hi Lads, 1st time on here i'm from Glasgow and support The Famous Glasgow Rangers been reading down here about how unhappy supporters are with going with Hummel thought I would drop you a line as it sounded similar to what happened here with Rangers. We have had in recent seasons been with all the big names in replica strips and I have to say please see it first their stuff is tremendous it's not a template like most manufacturers they are bespoke strips and especially their training gear is smart as feck. We had a lot of supporters rubbishing them but don't think you would find one now that's against what Hummel are producing. Thanks for your time and hope youz have a great season remember coming to Goodison late 90's for Dave Watson testimonial and please don't hold S####n G######@s against us we are a friendly lot honest

It’s all about distribution, Nike, puma and Adidas have their own global retail In addition to club shops covering all corners of the globe. Having Umbro, Hummel etc is the opposite with a weak supply chain, fulfilment and distribution. It might look great and be nostalgic but we will make f-all cash out of it.

You wont get an Everton shirt in another Adidas or Nike shop in the world though bar the local ones.

Its Real Madrid, Bayern, Germany, Belgium these days, Sweden for some reason... you don't see the likes of Celta Vigo and Union Berlin kits in the adidas shop in town.

We obviously would not be making less cash from it, if so then why would not every club on earth be with one of the big two? I would imagine the market for shirts being purchased by none fans of clubs to be quite miniscule other than your traditional giants.

Googled Hummel Everton and this rangers forum turned up, some saying it's a good kit some saying it's small time, a lot don't like Everton, Rangers fans FFS, weird little breed them

View attachment 76315
Oh to have a kit like this. V neck white simple classy design. Can’t do anything about the sponsor though, but that kit would be awesome.

That's just this years Strasbourg kit. Its nice but it would deffo be what we would have now if we were with Adidas. Same kit as a bunch if other clubs dotted around the world with a different colour (not even the colour in this case...)

a lot don't like Everton, Rangers fans FFS, weird little breed them

We are a catholic club after all

Googled Hummel Everton and this rangers forum turned up, some saying it's a good kit some saying it's small time, a lot don't like Everton, Rangers fans FFS, weird little breed them

"That Angry Birds patch on the sleeve ruins every kit they make "

This is very true...

They buy Nike and Adidas because they are a well known brand. Its the first thing people would go to. Doesn't mean its the best quality wise per se. Maybe with the boots as there is more technical stuff involved with them. Hummel kits are very well made.

I have seen a fair few Sunday league and kids league hummel kits though. They are usually pretty smart.
Quality wise you may be right (possibly not to sure) but as you say they are well known brands, thats what we need

Status
Not open for further replies.