Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people are so upset. He's absolutely quality. Well better than Keane.

from-unwanted-to-pivotal-how-mats-hummels-became-so-significant-to-bayern-and-dortmund-900x480.jpg

Hummel is something you'd find on the heavily discounted shelf in sports direct, reduced to clear along with very short admiral shorts and Gola astro turf trainers,

It's the crap your PE teacher wore with a pair of pants because he teaches geography in the afternoon

Too many fellas are too old to care or are trying to act cool with the "I don't care" about this rumour. The fact is, the premier league is amongst the most watched competitions in the world. Worldwide Adidas, Nike etc are a presence in a global market. To make money we have to aim at people who will spend, just because evertonians in their 50s aren't arsed, they won't be the market the club will or should be aiming for. I loved Hummel kits as a kid, Denmark, Villa etc were superb but that was the 80s. Wether it is right or wrong you need a global supplier & due to social media image has never been more important. It is not just a kit, it is part of a brand you are trying to create. Once again we are thinking small time

Too many fellas are too old to care or are trying to act cool with the "I don't care" about this rumour. The fact is, the premier league is amongst the most watched competitions in the world. Worldwide Adidas, Nike etc are a presence in a global market. To make money we have to aim at people who will spend, just because evertonians in their 50s aren't arsed, they won't be the market the club will or should be aiming for. I loved Hummel kits as a kid, Denmark, Villa etc were superb but that was the 80s. Wether it is right or wrong you need a global supplier & due to social media image has never been more important. It is not just a kit, it is part of a brand you are trying to create. Once again we are thinking small time

You are right when you say its not just a kit its part of the brand (I prefer identity when it comes to kits etc) however going with an Adidas or a Nike would absolutely result in it just being a kit. "Bayern are done, Chelsea sorted, Real Madrids is spot on, the rest of you are getting template kits."

Hummel would work with us not above us and create the perfect kit for us whilst actually bothering about the identity of the club (to be fair umbro did try their best doing that but they are just a bit meh).

Its not small time thinking at all though, we have had Nike, there is obviously a reason why we did not stay with them for long. Its not like Nike and Adidas are not churning out kits for all and sundry so we COULD go with them but we have obviously gone for a better option as we have had previous experience.

Schalke always did lovely adidas kits, ones I always looked at and thought that should be us (same colours, similar sized clubs etc) but they were still identikits and I barely ever saw anyone wearing a Schalke shirt (you could get them here which is something I suppose) No one but our own fans will be rushing out to buy an Everton shirt.

Hummel is something you'd find on the heavily discounted shelf in sports direct, reduced to clear along with very short admiral shorts and Gola astro turf trainers,

It's the crap your PE teacher wore with a pair of pants because he teaches geography in the afternoon
We had Nike and that ended up being poo,Umbro snide and outdated and you end up having the same kit as ten other teams. Let's see what it looks like first before we judge. Their training gear is decent.

Firstly, Standard Chartered is deffo not cool and New Balance were crap when I was a kid.

Rage for rage’s sake at times

Depends on when you were a kid. But in the 90s, New Balance was popular. Then came the resurgence around 2007. Bryan Robson wore New Balance football boots and they were decent quality though quite hefty.

I can only speak for myself, but I think Hummels make some good kits. But I would probably only buy maybe 1 shirt a season, if they are nice. Whereas if we had Nike or Adidas I would buy lots more. Whatever works as best deal for the club, as long as its not like the bloody kitbag deal

Every deal we sign will be like the Kitbag deal.

We dont sell enough shirts to warrant we take the supply and demand chain inhouse.

Who's arsed. I'm more worried about the quality on the pitch, not the shirt.
People that would be arsed if they announced that thanks to an unexplained event tearing a hole in the fabric of reality appearing in the centre circle, peak versions of Messi, Ronaldo, Southall, Pele and Beckenbauer had signed for the club.

They’d moan there was no Roberto Carlos, Zidane or Valdaramma.

Status
Not open for further replies.