Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Everton commercial team rocking up to the mellanial Evertonians supporters group in their 1970s Hummel gear like

SmugOrderlyCaribou-size_restricted.gif

You can say your not bothered about the kit but its branding at the end of the day, gotta think of it in a business sense more than a cosmetic sense. People dont go and buy hummel footy boots/shorts/socks etc to play sunday league footy they buy nike, addidas even puma. The only upside of a hummel kit would be that itd probably be slightly cheaper.

You can say your not bothered about the kit but its branding at the end of the day, gotta think of it in a business sense more than a cosmetic sense. People dont go and buy hummel footy boots/shorts/socks etc to play sunday league footy they buy nike, addidas even puma. The only upside of a hummel kit would be that itd probably be slightly cheaper.

I used to wear Valsport football boots when I played football. Nike & Addidas stuff weren't good enough for me! Puma Kings in kangaroo leather were decent.

I used to wear Valsport football boots when I played football. Nike & Addidas stuff weren't good enough for me! Puma Kings in kangaroo leather were decent.
Not gunna lie mate ive never heard of valsport. Nowadays though nike and Adidas are the top dogs when it comes to boots but puma is definitely up there as long as they dont give us a spray on kit like they did with arsenal a few years ago

Not gunna lie mate ive never heard of valsport. Nowadays though nike and Adidas are the top dogs when it comes to boots but puma is definitely up there as long as they dont give us a spray on kit like they did with arsenal a few years ago

Valsport was class and worn by football legends such as Revillino. Made with the finest Kangaroo leather in Italy. Sadly they're no longer in business as Adidas and Nike had bigger advertising budgets. But their boots were definitely a class above the likes of Adidas and Nike. Most players I know wore Valsports in the South London football leagues.

Real Madrid, RS, Man.U, Bayern Munich etc.
sell huge numbers of replica kits because of their success and consequent global profile, not because of the manufacturers name. They could go to the least well known sportswear provider and it would hardly affect their sales one iota.
They also get a bespoke service from the market leaders eager to be associated with them, they get the top designers and marketing teams.
For mid table clubs with only a domestic profile the likes of Nike provide a lower grade of service with usually a ‘cut and paste one design for all’ approach.
At the end of the day surely the name of the team should matter more than the manufacturer.?

They buy Nike and Adidas because they are a well known brand. Its the first thing people would go to. Doesn't mean its the best quality wise per se. Maybe with the boots as there is more technical stuff involved with them. Hummel kits are very well made.

I have seen a fair few Sunday league and kids league hummel kits though. They are usually pretty smart.

People that would be arsed if they announced that thanks to an unexplained event tearing a hole in the fabric of reality appearing in the centre circle, peak versions of Messi, Ronaldo, Southall, Pele and Beckenbauer had signed for the club.

They’d moan there was no Roberto Carlos, Zidane or Valdaramma.
Valderrama could be a great hair mentor to Tom Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.