Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, Standard Cahrtered is deffo not cool and New Balance were crap when I was a kid.

Rage for rage’s sake at times
Nah i'm not raging. I've said a couple of times in here I couldn't care less from a personal perspective, it just makes me laugh when people talk about it as if image doesn't matter. Image is pretty much everything for a football club. When we have a new stadium on the docks you'll be crowing it because deep down you know image matters. For stuff like this you'll pretend image doesn't matter, because ours is bad.

If we have an opportunity to make a statement with the selection of a kit manufacturer then why wouldn't we do that. Its not like we would be abandoning a huge revenue stream!

Nah i'm not raging. I've said a couple of times in here I couldn't care less from a personal perspective, it just makes me laugh when people talk about it as if image doesn't matter. Image is pretty much everything for a football club. When we have a new stadium on the docks you'll be crowing it because deep down you know image matters. For stuff like this you'll pretend image doesn't matter, because ours is bad.
But your original point was Hummel and Sportpesa are unfashionable brands.

My point is that Standard Chartered and New Balance aren’t exactly pulse racers.

But your original point was Hummel and Sportpesa are unfashionable brands.

My point is that Standard Chartered and New Balance aren’t exactly pulse racers.
No my original point was about image. I used lots of examples, like results, famous players, the stadium and then the kit manufacturer and sponsor. I was pointing out that all of these things have an effect on how people see the club, including local kids.

Fair enough about standard chartered but you’re miles off on new balance. They’ve been a massive fashion brand in recent years, endorsed by people Rihanna and Kylie Jenner. They’re now maybe dwindling in popularity, and Liverpool have moved quickly to replace them with Nike. Nike are quite popular too.

My judgement is subjective, influenced by my experience of living in the city my whole life. It is unlike a lot of places and brands matter a great deal here.

Are you from Liverpool? I’d expect you to know this if you were.

Why yes I am from Liverpool. I thought it was a city, not a hive mind.

I am sorry, I think judging clothes by the logo stitched on them is daft and used as a way to say "I can afford this, therefore I have style." rather than actually working out what looks good on you.

You are free to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.