2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our players not trying is not down to Bill Kenwright though! That's just insane. It was not a big deal to play for Everton back then, that's why we had a rubbish team, who did we sign that was a big name until Johnson started spending money we didn't have?
Its like I said at the start of this discussion, the players don't try because they don't feel the need to. There's a culture of mediocrity embedded into this club and has been for a long time where the club just shrugs off bad results and carries on till the next one. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Now Moshiri is clearly trying to change that culture at the club and bring in a winners mentality but there's no getting around the fact that this attitude is there and has been since Kenwright started massively playing down expectations.

Success obviously is hard to define. Have Wigan had success? They have won something, how about Birmingham City? Mediocrity and failure can't be the same thing by their very nature!
Its not hard to define at all. Both Birmingham and Wigan and Portsmouth have all enjoyed more success them us in the last thirty years.

They've suffered worse failures then us to sure but they've definitely enjoyed more success then we have.

If you're honestly telling me that you don't consider the endless cycle of garbage we've seen season after season to be a failure then I don't know what to say.

Finishing 7th is not success and never will be nor is 6th or 5th no matter how much sky try to spin it.

I am not dancing around celebrating our 7th placed finishes or anything, far from it, I just look at it realistically, before he took over we were looking doomed, bad season after bad season, last day relegation battles etc, in his time we turned out to be pretty much the best of the rest, again this does not fill me with any joy and it bored me rigid to be honest but its not abject failure either.
Which just shows that he's like Moyes. He might of been a positive influence once but that time has long past and at best he's more hindrance then a help now.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion but to me, twenty-five years without a trophy and only one final in all that time is a failure.
Nothing wrong with what you consider, its your opinion, I do not agree with it, and again that's fine. I just don't get why he is still getting the crap in 2020, he is a glorified figurehead right now.
Fair enough mate. Agree to disagree. Its good that we can both debate like this about remeber that we both want the same thing ultimately. Lets hope that Don Carlo can build something in the next few years. COYB!:cheers:

I imagine he cannot do so and is tied into an agreement that maintains Kenwrights presence until a certain timeframe has elapsed and/or the stadium move is completed.

I can't see any circumstances in which an incoming majority shareholder would want to retain the Chairman, and now successive CEO's purely as a matter of their own preference,
I cant for a second believe Moshiri actually recruited DBB as chief executive, decisions like that stink of Kenwright, the only logic to it is Kenwright has been left to oversee the day to day business of the club, the only remit is to keep us in the premier league until BMD is completed then Moshiri and Usmanov simply sell us on to the highest bidder. people keep comparing us to Man City we are nowhere near, the intent has never been to compete from day one, God knows what the intention has been, but its failure on a grand scale

He didnt and even if he did (which he didnt) we got Carlo, so it never happened anyway, and was never going to.
Next people will be blaming him for Koeman, Walsh and Silva
Well,

Still sticking his nose in :

Bill Kenwright has been brought back into the fold to help with the running of Everton after a period in which the chairman found himself marginalised.

Kenwright was pushed onto the periphery this time last year when Sam Allardyce, as manager, and Steve Walsh, as director of football, were overseeing transfers and Everton appeared to be moving in a new direction under Farhad Moshiri, the owner, and directors Keith Harris and Sasha Ryazantsev.

There were persistent rumours at the end of last season that Kenwright would be removed as chairman. But in a question-and-answer session at the club’s general meeting yesterday, Kenwright indicated that his role has reverted to type and that he is working closely with the new director of football, Marcel Brands.

“It has come back to where it was,” said Kenwright. “It wasn’t the same until Marcel came. I have a really close relationship with Marcel where we talk non-stop and we consult on most things. He doesn’t consult on everything but he is terrific to work with. Very straight and very down the line.

“I talk to Denise [Barrett-Baxendale, Everton’s chief executive] many times every day and I talk to Farhad more than anyone.

“I have always said what I want to be is the guy who looks after what Everton means to the fans and that is what I have only ever wanted to do. That is the job I will continue to do. Look after my Everton, which is now Farhad’s Everton.”

Kenwright persuaded Moshiri to buy a 49.9 per cent stake in Everton three years ago next month, in an attempt to re-establish the club among England’s elite. Moshiri’s shareholding has since been upped to 68.6 per cent with an agreement to increase it to 77.2 per cent no later than July.

Kenwright, a theatre impresario, bought Everton in 1999 and it is likely that his acumen in the transfer market, and his contacts within English football, are assisting Brands, who was appointed to the club’s board at the meeting at Liverpool’s Philharmonic Hall.
His re-involvement was a nugget of information during a gathering where Brands and Barrett-Baxendale were regularly praised - -

So you will take one FA Cup ahead of crippling the club and trying to run it into oblivion?

That cup win was totally on Royle. Johnson had barely even got there when we won it. A season or two later he was selling our best player without the managers knowledge.

If that was on Royal those Moyes years were totally on him and without him Kenwright would have seen us relegated

No that's total conspiracy theory stuff and really quite weird to be honest!

The players wanted to leave! Probably sick of being booed every other week.

The "money men" are already standing or falling by their inputs, what the hell would Kenwright standing down change?

I do not do weird if I can help it. However it is a fact he did not go to United for the money and that came from a very close source so we paid him well. Rooney did he really want to go? or was he helped along the way. Arteta did he really push for a move? We could have said no now and again. I despise the self styled Chairperson with a vengeance I really feel he has ruined Everton for his own vanity and it has proved fruitful beyond his wildest dreams. I kind of get your a fan of boys pen which is your choice but is now kind of weird in itself.

The Kenwright apologists are out in force as normal then. Blindly defending the doddering old fool, I might not like the guy but I have nothing but respect for him. He's achieved something pretty special here actually, he's successfully brainwashed a sizable chunk of our fanbase into thinking that he's above criticism and must be defended at all costs!
Overall the culture of a club comes from the top. That's Kenwright.

Well,

Bill Kenwright has been brought back into the fold to help with the running of Everton after a period in which the chairman found himself marginalised.

Kenwright was pushed onto the periphery this time last year when Sam Allardyce, as manager, and Steve Walsh, as director of football, were overseeing transfers and Everton appeared to be moving in a new direction under Farhad Moshiri, the owner, and directors Keith Harris and Sasha Ryazantsev.

There were persistent rumours at the end of last season that Kenwright would be removed as chairman. But in a question-and-answer session at the club’s general meeting yesterday, Kenwright indicated that his role has reverted to type and that he is working closely with the new director of football, Marcel Brands.

“It has come back to where it was,” said Kenwright. “It wasn’t the same until Marcel came. I have a really close relationship with Marcel where we talk non-stop and we consult on most things. He doesn’t consult on everything but he is terrific to work with. Very straight and very down the line.

“I talk to Denise [Barrett-Baxendale, Everton’s chief executive] many times every day and I talk to Farhad more than anyone.

“I have always said what I want to be is the guy who looks after what Everton means to the fans and that is what I have only ever wanted to do. That is the job I will continue to do. Look after my Everton, which is now Farhad’s Everton.”

Kenwright persuaded Moshiri to buy a 49.9 per cent stake in Everton three years ago next month, in an attempt to re-establish the club among England’s elite. Moshiri’s shareholding has since been upped to 68.6 per cent with an agreement to increase it to 77.2 per cent no later than July.

Kenwright, a theatre impresario, bought Everton in 1999 and it is likely that his acumen in the transfer market, and his contacts within English football, are assisting Brands, who was appointed to the club’s board at the meeting at Liverpool’s Philharmonic Hall.
His re-involvement was a nugget of information during a gathering where Brands and Barrett-Baxendale were regularly praised - -
please tell me this is made up

Well,

Well this is another huge kick in the teeth if it's all true. The so called figure head seems to have been influencing from the top all this time would you believe. He's now just decided to tell us what timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.