2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the new stadium has a stand named after him, I'd like it to have a water feature installed somewhere within ...symbolic of the tears Blue Bill has shed over the course of his Everton tenure.

A lot of fans will travel by ferry after the new ground in open. If there are objections to naming a stand after our Bill, they could name a ferry boat after him instead.

I do not do weird if I can help it. However it is a fact he did not go to United for the money and that came from a very close source so we paid him well. Rooney did he really want to go? or was he helped along the way. Arteta did he really push for a move? We could have said no now and again. I despise the self styled Chairperson with a vengeance I really feel he has ruined Everton for his own vanity and it has proved fruitful beyond his wildest dreams. I kind of get your a fan of boys pen which is your choice but is now kind of weird in itself.

As soon as Stubbs and Stretford got 'into' Rooney he was off to United. Even the Newcastle bid was part of the plot to draw a bid from United (Don't forget that Stretfords office was actually inside St James Park). Effectively the Newcastle bid was a 'stalking horse' And the fee...in terms of fees at that time, was quite fair,with add ons giving Everton money or negotiating power down the line. Bill certainly has an ego, but it is mostly kept away from his Everton dealings...it is almost impossible to succeed in his core theatrical business without having a good feeling of self worth(that is an ego) because self confidence is a major asset. I have written many times before about the difficulty Bill had 'controlling' Everton, because he treated the football club like a show, and looked for investors(angels) as if Everton was a new production of the Phantom. That is he sold the 'Everton Dream' to the likes of Earl, Green, etc.. and when the dream began to fade(in Earls case when the vision of a retail park and new stadium faded) these investors ceased to invest further. I don't think Bills sole intention was personal gain, he did see himself as guardian of the club(and probably still does) and he was eventually overtaken by the billionaire money coming into football...it was no longer enough just to be a millionaire. I think in general, history will treat Bill kindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.