Transfer Rumour James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This made my afternoon...entertainment at its finest...

The only two players on that list worth signing would be:

Kai Havertz: Rumoured to be heading to any number of the best sides in world football for a fee ranging from £75mil to £120mil.

Dani Olmo: Wanted by Barcelona amongst others.

Firstly, why would either player join Everton over say Bayern and Barca where they are guaranteed to be on the world stage and pick up trophies?

Perhaps they want game time but I imagine they back themselves to start at any team in the world.

Lets say we were able to persuade Havertz and Olmo to join the club, how long would he even stay for without champions league? My guess would be 1-2 seasons max...

I would prefer either of those players to Hamez because they would show we are BUILDING a top quality side with star young players.

Thats in no way realistic though...the only real chance we have is to go for these types BEFORE they hit the big time...like Reinier was supposedly signing...or when Ancelotti signed Veratti for PSG.

We should be targeting 5 players of this type over the next 4 windows, 6 months before they are on the radar of the top sides.

At the moment though Hamez is a world class player who we may be able to bring in on loan till the end of the season...lets take him.
Who is Hamez? This is James Rodriguez thread

I'm going to agree with the sentiment that this would be a great statement of intent . A player known all around the world and other top class players may think that we may not be a bad punt with regards to ambition .
He has suffered with fitness issues but nobody can doubt his natural goalscoring and passing talents . Who's supposed to be a our main playmaker ? Siggy . I don't have to say more than that .
This may be a bit of a pipedream but I was one of those who doubted that we could get Carlo . I'm more than happy to be proved wrong again .
Bottom line , look at our squad . Would he be more than a slight upgrade ? I think so .

Kai Havertz: Rumoured to be heading to any number of the best sides in world football for a fee ranging from £75mil to £120mil.

Firstly, why would either player join Everton over say Bayern and Barca where they are guaranteed to be on the world stage and pick up trophies?

Perhaps they want game time but I imagine they back themselves to start at any team in the world.

Lets say we were able to persuade Havertz and Olmo to join the club, how long would he even stay for without champions league? My guess would be 1-2 seasons max...

I would prefer either of those players to Hamez because they would show we are BUILDING a top quality side with star young players.

Thats in no way realistic though...the only real chance we have is to go for these types BEFORE they hit the big time...like Reinier was supposedly signing...or when Ancelotti signed Veratti for PSG.

We should be targeting 5 players of this type over the next 4 windows, 6 months before they are on the radar of the top sides.

At the moment though Hamez is a world class player who we may be able to bring in on loan till the end of the season...lets take him.

Dani Olmo is an absolute baller. My list of young talent I'd like in blue also has Sander Berge and Fillipo Melegoni on it. However, we need to be signing a blend of youth and experience. Players who have that aura, who have already won stuff and know the level pf dedication and effort it takes to get there and are willing and able to impart that to the youngsters who can carry it forward...

No problem with Rodriguez, we're well stocked in the up and comers department (Holgate, Gbamin, Kean, Richarlison etc), so in addition to a banner signing I'd like some young midfield reinforcement and a DC ready to hit the ground running.

I wouldn't bother with a loan. If it goes well a CL team signs him next summer and that would be really crappy.

Averaging close to 1 goal in 3 games and 1 in 3 assists ratio for Madrid since moving there despite his limited play time.

Fell out of favour past few seasons but his contribution is not to be sniffed at:

8-F914761-33-BB-47-C7-98-EB-689-E09-C7-E415.jpg

His injury history on the other hand is more of a concern for me:

C47-C87-C8-0665-4-B01-8-AFB-EF90-E410-EA9-F.jpg
Doesnt look good that I admit. Note theres no really long lay off ie.Van Diyk was out for 136 days (1 injury) in 2017 before he signed across the park.

But put it into perspective James has missed 33 games in just over 2 years.

Worth the risk ?.....Hell yeah.

On loan it's a no brainer he may not be quite what he was but still has more playmaking ability than anything we currently have.

He found form at Bayern and contributed well to the team, had option to buy for €43m but they didn't take it, makes me wonder why?

Regardless he's significantly than what we have and if it was a purchase which I doubt would be less than €43m now a year older?

Also think his wages are surely a sticking point

Status
Not open for further replies.