Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really mind numbing first half from us, did Sidebe touch the ball more than twice, thought we were going to bore City to death. Odd that we didn’t hit the ball to DCL more, he’s actually showing a bit on control of the ball on the ground these days. Time for Carlo to pick his back four , work on them and make them sound defensively, Mina is looking good these days .

Yes, they look like they are running in thigh deep mud. In my rugby playing days I was a swift centre and could run at 11secs for the 100m. Those days are decades ago, but I reckon even today i could outsprint the majority of Everton’s squad
Are you sure about the 11 secs mate or has it got quicker as the years have past be honest with the internet.

Average lol. Jesus got 15 goals KDB one of the best players in the world

Foden/Rodri/Garcia/Cancelo/Mendy/Bravo/Gündogan all starting

As easy a City team as you're ever likely to play

The back 4 could have got off for a pint during most of the game

Need to drop Siggy in these sorts of games. He might as well be in the crowd, all that watching he does

It should have been either him or Davies with Delph in the middle. No point having them both in there getting on top of each other. And they were both useless.

...I think that’s fair, but you have to give yourself a chance. Sheffield United only lost narrowly to them recently, Wolves have beaten them twice. City are superior but if you go into any game believing you have no chance, you have no chance.

This wasn’t a strong City team, I thought we were too respectful.

For whatever reason it is we have been dreadful and giving the top teams anything to worry about away from home over the last 20 years. Just gotta hope Ancelotti´s the man to get us showing some real quality in these games.

Can’t help but think we missed a chance to grab something
It was almost like we just wanted that one out of the way.
I think Ancelotti will know now if he didn’t already, big building job on his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.