Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we did well for 20mins and then City figured us out and it was too much for us. I think Carlo will be disappointed that the teams quality is that far apart. Aside from the last 20 mins there was no threat on goal.

Coleman, Delph were good today.

Ancelotti got it wrong with Davies playing.

The change should have been Walcott in for Bernard. You keep the shape and system then. With Davies playing we had no shape.

Given how good a manager he is, I'd like him to be able to see that. But this is Everton, innit.

Anyway, after that, City were just far better than us. Our midfield is crap. We're desperate for a player of actual quality in there.

We looked better after going 2-0 down because we just went with three lads running about a lot up top.

Sidibe is atrocious at times, but at others shows quality. Inconsistency is why he never kicked on at Monaco.

I do feel Bernard was a huge miss, but we should be better equipped to deal with it.

Again shows how bad the window was - and yes, I appreciate we have injuries.

Kean probably the main positive for me. I'd probably give him MOTM just because he impacted the game and added something into our attack.

Coleman was good in the first half, though.

Pep is smart. crowded our wingbacks so they have no room to create and force our midfield to beat them, which they couldn't of course because well we stink in midfield and really miss gomes in games like this. Game turned around a bit when we added some speed with Walcott and Keane and went long but still not close to enough.

We got the result we deserved.

Broke his long duck without scoring at home recently and then nets I think his first double at home. Everton the club that keeps on giving.

Damn wish I had known this. Would have put money on it.

Add to the list of debut club goals against us, and club records

Whether they expected to or not I don´t know, but the fact is City are a few levels above us. You can change the manager but you can´t change the fact that even when they rest a few players they are comfortably the better team.

...I think that’s fair, but you have to give yourself a chance. Sheffield United only lost narrowly to them recently, Wolves have beaten them twice. City are superior but if you go into any game believing you have no chance, you have no chance.

This wasn’t a strong City team, I thought we were too respectful.

They should’ve scored 5 today, we were poor. Didn’t create enough.

Can’t complain against a top drawer City side, but we have to be better to get through Sunday.

I don’t rate Sigurdsson at all, never have, but he did more today than quite a few players who seemingly keep getting away with it.

You sure about that mate?

Wasn't he our most creative player last season? with over 45+ chances created?
Agreed, 13 goals from a midfielder is excellent.
Not sure what this means, but I'm pretty certain he created chances last season and even today when he was crap he created a great chance for richarlison and could've had 2
Fantastic pick out from Sigurdsson.
He got about 15 goals last season, you can’t do what you said and what he did. It makes no sense.
You picking him out today, given this le el of squad performance, reeks of an agenda.

No one has been good today, Sigurdsson was picked by Ferguson and Ancelotti, this will probably be his 3rd 90 minutes in 8 days,
Tom Davies thread been bumped? no Sidibe thread been bumped? no Delph thread been bumped? no Digne thread been bumped? no

Gylfi has the internet warriors obsessed.
So it only goes with saying how poor Sigurdsson has been? Glad we’ve sorted that out. He should’ve had 3 assists today.

Ricky, tell me it's you

The players didn't choke, they're just not good enough. It's one of the slowest Everton sides I can remember.
Yes, they look like they are running in thigh deep mud. In my rugby playing days I was a swift centre and could run at 11secs for the 100m. Those days are decades ago, but I reckon even today i could outsprint the majority of Everton’s squad

Considering City were playing on song today, I think the final score is a bit flattering. It's probably an unpopular opinion but Ritchie, apart from scoring, had a stinker. I went for Seamus as MoM even though he was substituted (someone had to come off to put a striker on). I wasn't too concerned about DCL getting a yellow for a poor challenge near the end, at least he was showing the steel we need in attack. I thought Holgate had a poor game by his recent standards. But on the whole it has to be admitted that City are a very good footballing side. Not happy with the result but not heart broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.